Q. I have cold and fever for the past three days. How to get cured?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2019

I have a fever and cold for the past three days. I am taking Calpol and Combiflam. How can I get cured?

#

You have a viral or allergic upper respiratory tract infection. Calpol and Combiflam (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) both should not be used at a time. Use only one drug among these two as they are anti-inflammatory and analgesic. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg twice a day for five days.

Do saltwater gargle with warm water three times a day. A decongestant like Levocetirizine can be taken additionally. Avoid excess spicy foods and drink more water. You can investigate your complete blood count (CBC) for further work up.

|