Q. What can cause itch, redness and pain at the tip of penis?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have itchy and reddish private part since last two months. I have pain at the tip of penis and during intercourse. I consulted a doctor, he suggested me AF-Kit. After taking this for one month it was just perfect. The symptoms returned again. I tried AF-Kit, but this time, the symptoms did not go off completely. Hence, after 3 weeks again I took AF-Kit, but symptoms still persist. Please suggest how to overcome this issue. Thank you.

#

Thanks for your query on this platform.

You are suffering from fungal infection candidiasis which is notorious for recurrence.

The common causes of recurrence are:

1. Low immunity.
  2. Diabetes.
  3. Improper antibiotic use.

I will suggest you to apply Clotrimazole cream available as candid cream twice a day on the lesion.

Take your AF-Kit (combination of Fluconazole 150 mg, Azithromycin 1 g and Ornidazole 750 mg) also.

In case of severe itching, take some antihistamine once a day.

Keep the area dry and clean, wear loose fitting cotton undergarments, do not use perfumed soap, eat healthy and balanced diet and drink lots of water.

I would also suggest you to check your fasting blood glucose for diabetes.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Why am I having severe itching beneath the belly and between thighs?

Query: Hi doctor,My problem is severe itching beneath the belly and between thighs. There are also marks. When I first consulted, the doctor prescribed Onabet cream. It did not go. The second time, another doctor prescribed Permethrin cream. It did not go. Later I consulted a doctor directly and he gave me...  Read Full »

After performing receptive fellatio on a guy I have white tongue. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I performed receptive fellatio on a guy 55 days back. I took RNA PCR TEST after 11 days and then again at 35 days and both were negative. I also took a fourth generation combo test (antibody and p24) on 38th day and it was negative as well. The problem is, for the last 8-10 days I have...  Read Full »

What causes recurrent candidiasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recurrent candidiasis. It appears every month. I have used all the medicines. Kindly assist me.  Read Full »