Q. What can cause itch, redness and pain at the tip of penis?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have itchy and reddish private part since last two months. I have pain at the tip of penis and during intercourse. I consulted a doctor, he suggested me AF-Kit. After taking this for one month it was just perfect. The symptoms returned again. I tried AF-Kit, but this time, the symptoms did not go off completely. Hence, after 3 weeks again I took AF-Kit, but symptoms still persist. Please suggest how to overcome this issue. Thank you.

#

Thanks for your query on this platform.

You are suffering from fungal infection candidiasis which is notorious for recurrence.

The common causes of recurrence are:

1. Low immunity.
  2. Diabetes.
  3. Improper antibiotic use.

I will suggest you to apply Clotrimazole cream available as candid cream twice a day on the lesion.

Take your AF-Kit (combination of Fluconazole 150 mg, Azithromycin 1 g and Ornidazole 750 mg) also.

In case of severe itching, take some antihistamine once a day.

Keep the area dry and clean, wear loose fitting cotton undergarments, do not use perfumed soap, eat healthy and balanced diet and drink lots of water.

I would also suggest you to check your fasting blood glucose for diabetes.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|