Q. My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think my body is immune to 10 mg. Please advise on what better set of medication I should ask for. This is what I thought I should ask for - Cetirizine, Prednisone, Xyzal and Fluticasone propionate nasal spray.

#

• Please get an allergy testing done, either a skin prick or a blood comprehensive. Next, based on the allergens you are sensitive to, we can advise you on further course of action.
  • With respect to getting tolerant to Cetirizine 10 mg, why not try Fexofenadine 120 or 180 mg and Desloratadine? These are newer preparations and Fexofenadine marketed as Allegra, produces very less sedation as a side effect. Discuss with your treating physician about this option.
  • When allergens are known and avoidance is a problem, we can try immunotherapy which can get you a near cure for the allergy.

Do revert back for any further support. I will be happy to help you.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

|