Colitis

Why do I get swelling in feet and ankle after Entocort intake?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 62-year-old female. I was diagnosed with collagenous colitis following colonoscopy biopsies. I started on Entocort, three days later I have severe swelling in feet and ankles. I am fatigued the next day. On the seventh day, I had swelling of lips and a strange feeling in the th...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Entocort (Budesonide) is a corticosteroid. It is very unlikely to cause anemia, especially to the extent that you had. What was your hemoglobin prior to the colonoscopy? If it was near normal and then dropped to 3.6, that would be a huge drop. If you had gastrointestin...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for pain in the left side of stomach with burping, gas and green stool?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a pain on the left side of my stomach with passing gas and burping in the stomach. My stool is green and there is no sign of blood and no vomiting. I have been to the doctor and he gave me Nexium and Ranitidine for three days. Also, I was feeling a little bett...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Pain on the left side of the abdomen, along with burping and stomach pain are all suggestive of colitis. Since your stool is also green in color, it is advisable that you get your stool examined for parasites and ova. The sensation in the ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for stomach pain and blood in stools?

Query: Hi doctor, For several years my father is suffering from stomach pain. His problem includes blood in stool and pain in left side abdomen area. He has taken ayurveda, homeopathy as well as allopathy medicines, but nothing has benefitted. We did test like endoscopy, but some doctors said it is due to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your symptoms, there is a possibility of: Colitis, which may be due to inflammatory (inflammatory bowel disease) or infections. Diverticulitis. Malignancy has to be ruled out. Piles (hemorrhoids) may be there. Stool examination for microscopy and ...  Read Full »

Kindly help me get rid of my stomach problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. Before 10 months, I got left side abdominal pain with mild fever. I went to the ER. After blood tests and CT scan, they said it as diverticulitis. After using antibiotics, it got cleared. Every couple of months I feel pain when I press my abdomen but no fever. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diverticula are the tiny bulges that are formed from the colonic wall and this condition is named diverticulosis. Blockade or infection or inflammation leads to diverticulitis. It will be associated with abdominal pain, altered bowel habits, occasional bleedin...  Read Full »

Blood in Loose Stool

Query: Hello doctor, I have blood coming in loose stool for the past one year but I do not feel any pain. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in stool is not a normal condition as you are having the problem for one year. It should be investigated in detail and the following work-up will be useful. Rectal, anal area examination, stool routine microscopic examination, proctoscopy examination, colonoscopy,...  Read Full »

My CT abdomen is suggestive of colitis. Would you explain the symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male. My weight is 84 kg, and weight is 175 cm. I have done a CT scan before three months, and it showed mild thickening of the sigmoid colon suggestive colitis. I do not have any symptoms of colitis, diarrhea or blood in the stool. I have done stool occult blood test...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The word colitis means an inflammatory reaction in the colon, often autoimmune or infectious. Most of the patients present with the pain in abdomen, diarrhea, and vomiting. The first issue is to try to determine whether you had ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease. Mild ...  Read Full »

Why am I getting blood in stool?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting blood after my toilet and from last night I have to go to the toilet every 10 minutes. I am a 25-year-old female with a weight of 55 kg and height 5'2".   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having blood in stool complaint as per history. Hereby, I am giving you my opinion on your case. It can be an acute infective condition like gastroenteritis or colitis. Your local rectal examination should be done and stool routine microscopic examination sho...  Read Full »

How to reduce my frequent motion by using ayurvedic medicines?

Query: Hi doctor, My stools are well-formed. But I go multiple times. Many years ago, I used to pass loose stools. I took Ayurveda treatment for eight days. It gave me good results. How can I reduce my number of seats? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Passing stools frequently in well-formed consistency indicates the history of grahani roga. It correlates with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). If it is associated with pain, burning, and stool with mucus, then it is diagnosed as colitis. You can manage them naturally by...  Read Full »

I observe occasional blood and mucus in stool. Is it due to Pitta dosha?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am having stomach problems since seven months. At first, I observed blood and mucus in my stool. The doctors detected it as an infection and first I took allopathic medicine and then homeopathic medicine. At present, I have to go to motion two to three times...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like colitis. Its occurrence depends on food habits and lifestyle. It can be manage naturally through ayurvedic medicines. There is a need to take ayurvedic medicines for three months regularly under a controlled diet plan. I suggest taking Bilvavaleha one spo...  Read Full »

Having pain in left ovary, and it increases during exercise. Is it ovarian cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 years old female, and I have had three c-sections and normal regular periods. My menstrual cycle three months back was short and lighter, and I ovulated about a week early. I noticed some pain, which almost reminded me of implantation pain. This continued on and off with pain an...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After undergoing three cesarean sections, it is quite possible to have intra-abdominal adhesions. Which may give rise to intermittent pain associated with the bowel movements. The pain that you experienced could be mid cycle ovulation pain. As you have undergone tr...  Read Full »