Q. How long will anxiety with a concussion last even after medication?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

How long will anxiety with a concussion last? I am on day ten, and it seems like I am only slightly better. I am not sure if it is alcohol withdrawal, and I am nervous in public. I have taken Xanax (Alprazolam) 0.25 mg for the past week.

#

I can understand your concern, and post-concussion symptoms usually last a couple of weeks, but sometimes headaches and mood disorders or vertigo can last for months. If you have a loss of balance, drowsiness, or persistent headaches, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a physical exam. A brain CT (computed tomography) scan may be needed.

I hope you will find this information helpful.

I already did a brain scan, and the report says all-clear for bleeding. How would you recommend treating this?

#

I would suggest taking Ginkgo Biloba (Maidenhair tree) supplements 80 mg daily, Magnesium supplements 400 mg daily, and Herbal supplements containing Passiflora and Valerian.

|