Q. What could a clear bubble in the sclera of my eye be?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2019

I have a clear bubble in the sclera of my eye in the corner close to the nose. This has not gotten any bigger and sometimes it appears smaller. It does not hurt. I have had it for years. My eyes dry a lot and I have an issue with dry eyes and allergies. Could this be serious? Sometimes my eye in the corner is sticky as well. Please help.

#

This appears to be a conjunctival cyst. It is not harmful.

This can be caused by a mild foreign body sensation.

I suggest you start Fluorometholone plus Tobramycin eyedrops three times a day for five days then taper it to two times a day for the next five days and then taper to single in the nighttime for the next five days.

You need to then stop this eyedrop and do not use it again without medical advice.

This is for resolution of the cyst I suggest you also start Carboxymethylcellulose plus Naphazoline eyedrop four times daily for dry eyes and for foreign body sensation if any. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above eyedrops.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Your advice was really helpful.

#

You are most welcome. We are always there to serve you.

Though this course will resolve your problem, I suggest you keep a check on the size of the cyst if it increases.

In case, if you find it cosmetically unacceptable then it can be easily removed surgically.

|