Q. I have a tiny clear bubble in my eye. Is this of concern?

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

On my left eye, on the corner, nearest my nose on the sclera there is a tiny clear bubble. I have has this for years and it does not bother me. On the conjunctiva, it appears also a little puffy but I have noticed on the lacrimal caruncle there seems to be a red little spot. My eyes are always dry and I suffer from allergies. Is this of any concern or is it associated with dry eyes/allergies?

#

I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The clear bubble is kind of retention cyst which is completely harmless.

Only trouble if it causes red eye or heaviness while eye movements. Which you are not having.Secondly, I have seen your spot at the nasal angle but do not worry. It can happen sometimes due to allergic reaction or dry eyes.

Red spot does not seem to be connected to a cyst. So, they are not related to each other.

I suggest the following medicines:

1. Eye drop Systane ultra (lubricant) two to three times a day.
  2. Eye drop Accupat (Ketorolac and Olopatadine) two times a day for 10 days.
  3. Eye drop Fluorometholone three times a day for a week and then two times a day for another week, then once a day for another week then stop.

WEar goggles in dust areas. Do not rub your eyes.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Thank you so much. Yes, it does not bother me at all. The conjunctiva looks a little puffy as well but the red spot I was assuming was from the dry eyes. I have used some basic eye drops and it stings when I use them. So, I am assuming it was some sort of irritation. Thank you.

#

In the image, it does not look puffy. I suggest you use these medicines and get back to me.

|