Q. I have a tiny clear bubble in my eye. Is this of concern?

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

On my left eye, on the corner, nearest my nose on the sclera there is a tiny clear bubble. I have has this for years and it does not bother me. On the conjunctiva, it appears also a little puffy but I have noticed on the lacrimal caruncle there seems to be a red little spot. My eyes are always dry and I suffer from allergies. Is this of any concern or is it associated with dry eyes/allergies?

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The clear bubble is kind of retention cyst which is completely harmless.

Only trouble if it causes red eye or heaviness while eye movements. Which you are not having.Secondly, I have seen your spot at the nasal angle but do not worry. It can happen sometimes due to allergic reaction or dry eyes.

Red spot does not seem to be connected to a cyst. So, they are not related to each other.

I suggest the following medicines:

1. Eye drop Systane ultra (lubricant) two to three times a day.
  2. Eye drop Accupat (Ketorolac and Olopatadine) two times a day for 10 days.
  3. Eye drop Fluorometholone three times a day for a week and then two times a day for another week, then once a day for another week then stop.

WEar goggles in dust areas. Do not rub your eyes.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

Thank you so much. Yes, it does not bother me at all. The conjunctiva looks a little puffy as well but the red spot I was assuming was from the dry eyes. I have used some basic eye drops and it stings when I use them. So, I am assuming it was some sort of irritation. Thank you.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

In the image, it does not look puffy. I suggest you use these medicines and get back to me.

| 

Please explain the findings of my CT scan.

Query: Hello doctor, I recently got my test results back, but was not able to get any feedback yet. I had periodontal disease and my CT scan showed maxillary and sphenoid sinusitis. Therefore, I went to an ENT specialist for imaging. My findings include mucosal thickening in the right sphenoid sinus, as we...  Read Full »

Allergic Conjunctivitis and Its Treatment Options

Article Overview: Allergic conjunctivitis is a very commonly seen disease in the ophthalmology OPD. Allergy as a disorder usually involves the whole body and does not only involve specific organs of the body. Although the symptoms like watering, itching, redness, blurred vision are quite troublesome, the allergic reaction per se is just a bodily defense mechanism designed to isolate and seal away or destroy foreign objects by our immune system. This article looks at the various ways in which allergy, eye allergies in particular, can present, the effects of longstanding allergic conditions of the eye and the effects of treatment with their side effects. Read Article

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

An allergy is simply a hypersensitivity reaction of the body to various foreign substances referred to as allergens. Allergens, if found to be from within the patient's body itself, give rise to a group of disorders called as autoimmune diseases. Here we will be looking in particular at only allergi...  Read Article

Half of the left eye is red and slightly swollen near the cornea. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Half part of my left eye became red and slightly swollen near the cornea. I tried Ciplox and Ceflox and Festive D, but these are not working. There is no pain or no blurred vision, I have itchiness and allergy. Please suggest some eye drop for red-eye and itchiness. I shall be highly ...  Read Full »