Q. Why am I having recurrent conjunctivitis in my left eye?

Dr. Gopal Damani

I have all the classic symptoms of conjunctivitis in my left eye. I have had this issue with the same eye in the last three months. I was traveling then and was unable to consult the doctor. It appeared to resolve on its own.

I have an appointment scheduled in the next month with my ophthalmologist for the same, but I would like to know if medication should be prescribed now.

I am taking the tablet Tivicay and the tablet Descovy.

#

Yes, it does look like conjunctivitis (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). You can start using topical eye drops. Use some lubricating eye drops.

Keep your personal-use things separate like bed sheets, pillow covers, towels, etc.

Use tissue paper to clean the discharge, and immediately throw it away after use.

Regularly sanitize your hands and avoid touching the other eye, or it might too get infected.

If any blurry vision occurs, visit your ophthalmologist at the earliest.

|