Q. After conjunctivitis, my eyesight has become blurred. Why?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

My age is 26. My problem started with an incident while cutting my nail and a piece of the nail hit my right eye. Luckily, it was a minor cut. I consult with a doctor and his medicine solved my problem. After some days, conjunctivitis attacked my right eye and spread into both the eyes. I consulted again with my doctor and with the advised medicine, it was cleared. But, after some days of conjunctivitis, my right eyesight started to become blurred. Then, I consulted my doctor and at first, he gave me Lotte M and Refresh tear to use. After using that for a month my sight became clear again. But, the problem is after stopping the medicine my eyesight started to become a little blurry and my eye sometimes feels gluey. My doctor changed my medicine and gave Lotte pro, but my right eye stays clear only when I use the medicine. It has been happening for the past eight months. Please tell me the reason for my problem. What should I do now?

#

• From the history you described, I think you had adenoviral conjunctivitis and after that blurry vision was due to post adenoviral subepithelial keratitis.
  • Sometimes, adenoviral is resolved without involving the cornea. But, if it involve, then the problem will take time to resolve. Your doctor is giving you the steroids (Loteprednol), which is a milder steroid and has a fewer side effects like intraocular pressure rise.
  • It will help to control keratitis. But, it may take months to completely resolve.
  • Do not worry. Just follow your doctor's instruction. He is doing the best.
  • You can use the drops and keep visiting your doctor for checking the intraocular pressure because some people are steroid responders and there pressure inside eye gets too high. That is a concern whenever you use steroid for longer duration.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|