Q. After conjunctivitis, my eyesight has become blurred. Why?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Published on Dec 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

My age is 26. My problem started with an incident while cutting my nail and a piece of the nail hit my right eye. Luckily, it was a minor cut. I consult with a doctor and his medicine solved my problem. After some days, conjunctivitis attacked my right eye and spread into both the eyes. I consulted again with my doctor and with the advised medicine, it was cleared. But, after some days of conjunctivitis, my right eyesight started to become blurred. Then, I consulted my doctor and at first, he gave me Lotte M and Refresh tear to use. After using that for a month my sight became clear again. But, the problem is after stopping the medicine my eyesight started to become a little blurry and my eye sometimes feels gluey. My doctor changed my medicine and gave Lotte pro, but my right eye stays clear only when I use the medicine. It has been happening for the past eight months. Please tell me the reason for my problem. What should I do now?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• From the history you described, I think you had adenoviral conjunctivitis and after that blurry vision was due to post adenoviral subepithelial keratitis.
  • Sometimes, adenoviral is resolved without involving the cornea. But, if it involve, then the problem will take time to resolve. Your doctor is giving you the steroids (Loteprednol), which is a milder steroid and has a fewer side effects like intraocular pressure rise.
  • It will help to control keratitis. But, it may take months to completely resolve.
  • Do not worry. Just follow your doctor's instruction. He is doing the best.
  • You can use the drops and keep visiting your doctor for checking the intraocular pressure because some people are steroid responders and there pressure inside eye gets too high. That is a concern whenever you use steroid for longer duration.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

My eyes are red, watery, and itchy. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are red, watery, and itchy. I have a feeling I have sand in my eyes. The most irritated area are the tear ducts. Please, help me. I am just using red eye relief but it does not help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you by any chance have a feeling that when you blink, you feel a pricking or pressure sensation on the inner side of your right eye? Do you also do a lot of outdoor activities like hiking or do you go out in the sun a lot? From the photos you have sent me (attachmen...  Read Full

A Simple Approach to Cure Red Eyes

Article Overview: Red eyes are a very common problem seen in the ophthalmology department. The causes of this common symptom are several and management protocols vary depending on the doctor. This article has been written to help shed light on the most serious as well as the most commonly seen causes of red eye with a list of over-the-counter medications which may help you find a cure. Read Article

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Red eyes are a very common problem seen in ophthalmology day in and out. The causes of this common symptom are several. The management of red eye always presents a challenge to even the most experienced ophthalmologist due to the sheer number of causes and associated overlapping causative factors. ...  Read Article