Q. I am not able to pass stools. What can be done for constipation?

Published on Jan 15, 2019

I am not getting the stool from three days and because of this, I am not able to eat food from three days. What is the reason behind this? Which disease symptom is that? What is the possible medical treatment for it?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

You seem to be suffering from absolute constipation. If you are not even able to pass flatus, then you need evaluation for intestinal obstruction. I would advise you following:

1. To get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause behind constipation that you are having.

2. To take Laxative like Lactulose in the night.

3. To increase fiber in the diet and to take fruits like Papaya which are bulk-forming.

4. You may alternatively take Cremalax in the night as you have been taking.

5. Another thing that you can take is Isabgulla Husk. You can take three teaspoons full in night time and as it is bulk-forming. It may help you with your constipation. In case you have already taken Creamalx and still not passing the stools, then Macrogol (Polyethylene Glycol) sachets help a lot.

My wife could notice blood in her stools.Could you please advise us with proper guidance?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife (age 33 years) has been suffering from piles related issues since last 10 years. It occurred after her delivery (in 2003) and was harmless at that time. We are having an eleven year old daughter. Recently she started experiencing pain and itching while going to toilet. Also sh...  Read Full »