Q. Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Answered by Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Constipation or High Blood Sugar Level? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily for one hour and eat raw vegetables for breakfast. I have constipation problem. By any chance is it related to high sugar levels? Please advice me as to how to control or keep HbA1c below 7. Suggest me natural way of reducing sugar levels without medication.