Q. My sister has constipation even after taking Coloxyl with Senna. Is it due to blockage?

My sister and I had diarrhea for over a year. All of a sudden, my sister got constipation and cannot pass stools properly. She did a very small amount for three days for the next three days she does not even have the feel for excreting. She consulted a doctor, and they gave her Coloxyl with Senna. She took two pills last night, and nothing worked. I am worried she has got a blockage, but she still can break some wind now and then. Please tell me what to do?

#

First of all, we need to treat her acute problem. Once it is settled down we would require to evaluate the cause for such problems and treatment. Now I would recommend you to go for an ultrasound abdomen. If that is normal and there is no sign of obstruction, your doctor would give you Peglec (Polyethylene glycol) to drink and that should make her pass stools. Later once this problem is over, we would require few tests to diagnose the problem.

My sister has passed the stool, and it was like a sausage. She did several sausages throughout the day. I think she has a blockage and I am worried. Should she take two more Coloxyl with Seena tonight, in case all her poop has not been cleared?

#

My advice would to consult a doctor nearby and let him examine to rule out the possible cause for her constipation. This is very important as regular treatment can be given to her.

|