Q. How can constipation, pain, and semi-solid stool be treated?

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha
Published on Mar 20, 2019

I am 24 years old. Height 5'10", weight 55 kg. I have poor constipation, pain, and semi-solid stool for the past two years. All allergy test and reports are negative. But when I eat rice with pulses, I have no pain and stool is fine. So, what should I do? I have not had any allergy and igG and IgA level is 7.1 and 7.7, hemoglobin is 13.7.

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

#

You are suffering from constipation that can go away by eating healthy foods which are rich in fiber, such as leafy vegetables, raw fruits, and vegetables, nuts like almond and coconut also. Drink more water than usual so that your body gets enough water. If you are hydrated, your stool will not be hard and pass easily. That will help in healing the injury also. Avoid any meats, maida and junk food for now. Also, avoid tea and coffee because it causes constipation and dehydration. Take care and get well soon.

Why do I feel bloated after I eat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have gas problem and bloating after I eat any normal size meal. I have struggled with constipation for years, but paid very close attention to that issue. Currently, it is not the problem. I have had colonoscopy and stool tests and they were fine. I did have colitis back due to use o...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These kind of problems are very common due to our dietary habits and sedentary lifestyle. Sometimes it is due to deficiency of enzymes also, this is uncommon and the main factor is lifestyle. The syndrome of bloating and constipation is known as Irritable Bowel Syndro...  Read Full

Why do I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I go out?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 63 kg. I have masturbation habit for 6 years. My stomach gets bloated and there is gas formation. I also have tiredness and diarrhea. I have to apply pressure for passing urine and stools. I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I got to go out ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a common problem, most of the individuals have bad bowel habits in some forms. This kind of problem is called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). This disorder leads to bloating and fre...  Read Full

Why is there increasing amounts of mucus in the feces?

Query: Hi doctor, My 77-year-old wife has had constipation issues all her life. This coupled with IBS that generally results in at best small balls of feces. This is day five of no real bowel movement. She had a total knee replacement nine months ago and para-esophageal hiatal hernia repair. Early on use ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The mucus usually results from prolonged constipation and has nothing to worry. She needs to take measures to avoid constipation. Have a high fiber diet. Avoid constipating foods. Take 2 to 3 liters of water daily. You can have low dose laxatives like Cremaffin (Liquid...  Read Full