Contact Dermatitis

What is causing white patches on the skin under my foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor,I have white patches on the skin under my foreskin.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for contacting us. I read your query and understand your concerns. As per the available details in the form of a query and attached picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), it seems that you are suffering from balanoposthitis. This i...  Read Full »

Why is it itching on the back of the hands and on the face?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my cousin, who is 28 years old and has itching on the back of the hands and also on the face. She often has small water-filled pimples for one year, which burst out and are painless (flaccid and tense). There is no involvement of lips, inside the mouth, or any other ...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is pemphigus foliaceus. In the attached picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), crusted papules and plaques with occasional flaccid bullae are seen. Any mucosal involvement? Any systemic disorder? Any dermatological disorder in the past...  Read Full »

How to treat the spot present on the chin with burning?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a spot on my chin and it has been there for six months now. It burns a lot and the skin appears scaly and weird. I went to a dermatologist and he told me that it as ringworm and he gave me a cream. I used it for a couple of weeks. I went again for a follow-up and he told me that t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It does not appear like a ringworm. It can occur due to several reasons. The reasons are contact dermatitis, FDE (fixed drug eruption), irritant dermatitis...  Read Full »

What is the treatment followed to cure hyperpigmentation present around the mouth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pigmentation around my mouth for more than three years. Initially, I used Melamet cream for two to three days and it worsened the condition. Currently, I am using Livalite lotion for about three weeks and still, there is no improvement. Please suggest.   Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. There are no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest appropriate diagnosis and treatment.   Read Full »

How to treat inflamed scalp due to contact dermatitis by tree tea oil application?

Query: Hello doctor, About two months ago, I used a coal tar shampoo mistakenly because I thought it would help remove a reaction I had to fenugreek, where I was constantly itching and flaking. Then, about three weeks ago, I washed my hair with 100% kaolin clay, undiluted tea tree oil, and apple cider vin...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hydrocortisone ointment is a type of steroid. Most Hydrocortisone are mild, and they are used in the treatment of eczema, insect bites, and, in your case, for treating contact dermatitis. There are points to be kept in mind while using Hydrocortisone ointment: 1. It s...  Read Full »

How to get rid of the pimple-like thing inside my vagina?

Query: Hi doctor,I have noticed in the last few weeks that I have spotted when I wipe down there from time to time. I was wondering what is happening due to not having any other symptoms. So I took a mirror and went on the search, and I found a little pimple-like thing that bleeds from time to time inside ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for reaching out. Based on the symptoms and the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have provided, the important differential diagnosis could be: Genital warts. Molluscum contagiosum of the vagina. Infected inclusion cyst. Allergic...  Read Full »

Is the rash under my arm due to heat or too much friction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a rash under my arm, which started today, which is burning and paining while moving my shoulders. I have attached the pictures. I tried to poke it with a needle to see if it is a blister and any liquids come, but only blood came out of it. I am worried that it will be related to ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is the case of irritant contact dermatitis. I would advise you to take the following medications and revert to me in seven days. A. Tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulanic acid 125 mg) 625 mg twice daily for seven days. B. Flutibact (Fluticasone propio...  Read Full »

Can keloid develop on a cartilage ear piercing?

Query: Should I go to the doctor if I have a keloid on my cartilage ear piercing? Started a few days ago, to swollen to keep piercing in and it hurts a lot.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! A keloid does develop over pierced cartilagenous areas of the ear. It takes approximately 2 months for a keloid to form in the pierced region and if often painless. The swelling you have developed could be due contact dermatitis due to which the area has got inflammed and tender. You can co...  Read Full »

How to permanently get rid of fungal infection between fingers and nails?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal infection in hand fingers for more than six months. I was taking treatment with more than four different medicine for about a month long for each medicine but it was not cured. My physician said it was due to the winter season and also advised me to do not...  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understood your concern. As per history and pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems to be allergic contact dermatitis to me. Such condition tends to recur very often. I would advise you to kindly use double-layer...  Read Full »

Will Epiduo gel cause skinburn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am using a treatment on my acne called Epiduo which was prescribed by my doctor. My skin has very bad hyperpigmentation and acne. I have been using the treatment for three days and on the second day it itched and burnt a little and I thought it was just working and all was fine. But o...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have developed contact dermatitis to this Epiduo (Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) which you were using for treatment of acne. Now your skin has two problems. It needs to be treated in two steps. First, we have to treat contact dermatitis. Do not use Epiduo now. ...  Read Full »