Contact Dermatitis

How to treat inflamed scalp due to contact dermatitis by tree tea oil application?

Query: Hello doctor, About two months ago, I used a coal tar shampoo mistakenly because I thought it would help remove a reaction I had to fenugreek, where I was constantly itching and flaking. Then, about three weeks ago, I washed my hair with 100% kaolin clay, undiluted tea tree oil, and apple cider vin...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hydrocortisone ointment is a type of steroid. Most Hydrocortisone are mild, and they are used in the treatment of eczema, insect bites, and, in your case, for treating contact dermatitis. There are points to be kept in mind while using Hydrocortisone ointment: 1. It s...  Read Full »

How to get rid of the pimple-like thing inside my vagina?

Query: Hi doctor,I have noticed in the last few weeks that I have spotted when I wipe down there from time to time. I was wondering what is happening due to not having any other symptoms. So I took a mirror and went on the search, and I found a little pimple-like thing that bleeds from time to time inside ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for reaching out. Based on the symptoms and the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have provided, the important differential diagnosis could be: Genital warts. Molluscum contagiosum of the vagina. Infected inclusion cyst. Allergic...  Read Full »

Is the rash under my arm due to heat or too much friction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a rash under my arm, which started today, which is burning and paining while moving my shoulders. I have attached the pictures. I tried to poke it with a needle to see if it is a blister and any liquids come, but only blood came out of it. I am worried that it will be related to ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is the case of irritant contact dermatitis. I would advise you to take the following medications and revert to me in seven days. A. Tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulanic acid 125 mg) 625 mg twice daily for seven days. B. Flutibact (Fluticasone propio...  Read Full »

Can keloid develop on a cartilage ear piercing?

Query: Should I go to the doctor if I have a keloid on my cartilage ear piercing? Started a few days ago, to swollen to keep piercing in and it hurts a lot.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! A keloid does develop over pierced cartilagenous areas of the ear. It takes approximately 2 months for a keloid to form in the pierced region and if often painless. The swelling you have developed could be due contact dermatitis due to which the area has got inflammed and tender. You can co...  Read Full »

How to permanently get rid of fungal infection between fingers and nails?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal infection in hand fingers for more than six months. I was taking treatment with more than four different medicine for about a month long for each medicine but it was not cured. My physician said it was due to the winter season and also advised me to do not...  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understood your concern. As per history and pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems to be allergic contact dermatitis to me. Such condition tends to recur very often. I would advise you to kindly use double-layer...  Read Full »

Will Epiduo gel cause skinburn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am using a treatment on my acne called Epiduo which was prescribed by my doctor. My skin has very bad hyperpigmentation and acne. I have been using the treatment for three days and on the second day it itched and burnt a little and I thought it was just working and all was fine. But o...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have developed contact dermatitis to this Epiduo (Adapalene and Benzoyl peroxide) which you were using for treatment of acne. Now your skin has two problems. It needs to be treated in two steps. First, we have to treat contact dermatitis. Do not use Epiduo now. ...  Read Full »

I applied toothpaste in lower eyelid which has caused an indentation. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and I once in my lifetime applied toothpaste on my bottom eyelid trying to help with the dark circles I had but then I had an irritation there and the next morning I had a scab which later fell off and left an indentation on my end eye that looks like an ugly wrinkle...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The indentation below the eyelids as I can see the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) could have been due to two things. Toothpaste that you had applied might have caused contact dermatitis and in turn skin thinning in th...  Read Full »

I have got redness, itchiness and swelling due to cosmetic cream. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got risings, itch, and redness from a cosmetic cream. Risings went off. Redness and itch are still here. It is the fourth day. And a little swelling like seems like I had botox. Is it normal to still have those? I only apply a cream for the itch. Should I take an antihistamine for t...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. With your descriptions, it seems you have developed irritant contact dermatitis to cosmetic cream which you have used. First of all, never use this cream and similar products in future otherwise on subsequent exposure may lead to fulminant reacti...  Read Full »

What is the non-healing recurring spot on my back?

Query: Hi doctor, I seem to have a recurring spot on my back. Feels like a bite but it never heals and never goes away. It also has a brownish dark area on the skin around it. No pain.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Exactly how long it has been there? Please send few more close up photographs? Any family history? Any history of diabetes mellitus or hypertension or any other medical illness?  Read Full »

What is the non-itchy red patch on the skin of penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a small red patch of skin on my penis for over a month. There is no itchiness, no irritation, no pain.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send few good quality photographs taken in a natural light.  Read Full »