Q. My contact lens has dried out. Can I use it?

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya
Published on Oct 13, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello Doctor,

I did not use my contact lenses for two weeks. When I opened the lens case after 2 weeks, my coloured (monthly) lenses had dried out. One of the them seems to be a little smaller. Can I use it?

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

•   I suggest you not to use the lenses.
  •   Because the solution which protects them from microbes has dried out, there are chances of acanthamoeba infections.
  •   So it is better to change the lens to prevent infections.

Consult an eye care ophthalmologist online to choose contact lenses that suit you --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist