Eye Infection

Can I use the prescribed eye drops for a 3-month-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 months old baby got an infection in his right eye. It became red and appears like a layer covered the eye. The tears keep coming from his right eye. He was prescribed to use Alcon Vigamox sterile 5 mL and Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic ointment. Is it fine to use for a 3 month old?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, your child seems to have developed some kind of eye infection. The treatment that is being given is absolutely perfect. However, up to the age of 6 months, many children have eye discharge. Most eye discharges are non-infective and caused mainly d...  Read Full »

Is it normal to get ribbon-like stools with cramps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old woman. I asked a question concerning my stools last week as well, as there was some visible mucus. Since then, the mucus is a lot less, and I was seen by a doctor who performed an anoscopy, which was expected. He told me not to worry. My stools usually are quite wel...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I remember about the last time we had a conversation. Anoscopy was expected to be normal since it was only local irritation of the rectal lining due to local trauma, as we discussed last time. I hope you have avoided the rectal temp. I was monitoring afterward. ...  Read Full »

Is parasitic eye infection contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had some irritation in her eye. So, we went to the doctor, who said she has a parasite in her eye. After reading about it on the internet, I am worried that she might go blind. It is a very new relationship, so I wanted to know if it is contagious?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The parasite inside the eye is usually, cysticercus or hydatid. It is not transmitted through natural sexual routes. It is usually ingested through food. Some parasites, for example, lice or mites infesting the eyelashes are transmitted through physical contact. But, the...  Read Full »

Is eye infection a symptom of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye infection in my right eye for the past eight days. I got some eye drops like Carboxymethyl cellulose, Teradox, and Loteflam, but no much improvement. I got some cold as well. Is this symptom of COVID-19 for a normal eye infection and what should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is looking like infection only as you said. It is associated with cold also. Can you send me an image of your eye so I can guide you more precisely? If needed we can add medicines also.  Read Full »

I have redness in the eyes. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have redness in the eyes for 3 days already after moving the eyes very quickly from side to side for a long period of time. The eyes are sore to move. Please tell me what it is.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly attach the image of your eye for further diagnosis.  Read Full »

Why do I get infections in skin, ear, and eye one after the other?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple conditions going on right now and fear that it could be a parasitic condition and need some expert advice. Started off with a terrible skin rash that has large and small lesions but no itch. Next a pretty substantial ear infection with swelling and discharge. Now the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement you have been suffering from skin rash without itching, ear infection with swelling and discharge, eye infection with coming out of something whitish-yellow under eyelid, and mucus with the same particles. All t...  Read Full »

Will elevated WBC and neutrophil counts suggest blood cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a CBC (complete blood count) done yesterday and it came back with elevated WBC of 13500, with neutrophils 9000 (more or less), ESR 36, and close to normal lymphocytes. My urine sample was negative. I had a severe eye infection that lasted about 10 days and started clearing up re...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my opinion for your asked question. Your total count and neutrophils are elevated. So it could be due to bacterial infection or stress as per provided history. You can complete the course of antibiotics. Meanwhile, try to reduce stress and anxiety by yoga,...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen, itchy, and painful eyelid?

Query: left eyelid very swollen and itchy with pain. It is also very itchy and painful and also having a white discharge from eye. I have been having the issue for a week and it is not getting any better  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, According to picture you have send its likely to be infective in origin. So you have to take antibiotics for the treatment. Tab amoxiclav 625 mg daily twice for 5 days. Topical antibiotic drops moxifloxacine 8 times a day you have to put in your eyes. Carboxymethyal cellulose eye dr...  Read Full »

What causes continuous eye allergy and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye allergy for the past 1.7 years. I have consulted many doctors. I am using steroid eye drops too, but my eye allergy is still present. My eye irritates when it contact with blowing air, perfumes, air conditioner, strong odors, when I get cold and sometimes suddenly without any ...  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a generalized allergy with sneezing, cold eye symptoms and headache which could be due to sinusitis, pharyngitis and allergic conjunctivitis. This can be triggered either because of a drop in your anti-allergic immunity or any form of new exposure due to ch...  Read Full »

Can infection and redness in the eye be caused only by scratching?

Query: Hello doctor, My contact scratched my eye the other day. My eye has become progressively worse. It is my right eye and it is red closet to the inner corner and when I blink, it feels gritty. I think it is just an eye infection.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is conjunctivitis. Use Moxifloxacin eye drops four times a day for two weeks. Just Tears eye drops (Carboxy methylcellulose) four times a day for two weeks. Do warm compress three times a day. Stop using contact lenses until the eye is quite. If the black part...  Read Full »