Eye Infection

How to treat swollen, itchy, and painful eyelid?

Query: Hi doctor,My left eyelid is swollen and itchy with pain. I have white discharge from my eyes. I have this issue for a week and it is not getting better.   Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the picture, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you seem to have an infection. You need to take antibiotics to treat it. You can take tablet Amoxiclav 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice daily for five days. You can use topical ant...  Read Full »

How to treat my baby presenting with sticky water oozing out from one eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy is 25 days old and he is having sticky water coming from one eye. His eyelids stick together and it is difficult for him to open the eyes.   Read Full »

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be due to infection, conjunctivitis, wash the eyes with lukewarm water three to four times a day. You can use Ciplox (Ciprofloxacin) eye drops one drop three times a day for five days. Try to put in both the eyes and do not put Kajal.  Read Full »

My son is having eye infection for the past two weeks and it is not healing. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is having an eye infection for the past two weeks and it is not healing. What to do?   Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your son's problem. I have gone through the photo that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be an infection of the tear drainage sac. I can confirm it and I need a further medical history of your child. Please s...  Read Full »

Can I use the prescribed eye drops for a 3-month-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 months old baby got an infection in his right eye. It became red and appears like a layer covered the eye. The tears keep coming from his right eye. He was prescribed to use Alcon Vigamox sterile 5 mL and Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic ointment. Is it fine to use for a 3 month old?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, your child seems to have developed some kind of eye infection. The treatment that is being given is absolutely perfect. However, up to the age of 6 months, many children have eye discharge. Most eye discharges are non-infective and caused mainly d...  Read Full »

Is it normal to get ribbon-like stools with cramps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old woman. I asked a question concerning my stools last week as well, as there was some visible mucus. Since then, the mucus is a lot less, and I was seen by a doctor who performed an anoscopy, which was expected. He told me not to worry. My stools usually are quite wel...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I remember about the last time we had a conversation. Anoscopy was expected to be normal since it was only local irritation of the rectal lining due to local trauma, as we discussed last time. I hope you have avoided the rectal temp. I was monitoring afterward. ...  Read Full »

Is parasitic eye infection contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had some irritation in her eye. So, we went to the doctor, who said she has a parasite in her eye. After reading about it on the internet, I am worried that she might go blind. It is a very new relationship, so I wanted to know if it is contagious?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The parasite inside the eye is usually, cysticercus or hydatid. It is not transmitted through natural sexual routes. It is usually ingested through food. Some parasites, for example, lice or mites infesting the eyelashes are transmitted through physical contact. But, the...  Read Full »

Is eye infection a symptom of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye infection in my right eye for the past eight days. I got some eye drops like Carboxymethyl cellulose, Teradox, and Loteflam, but no much improvement. I got some cold as well. Is this symptom of COVID-19 for a normal eye infection and what should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is looking like infection only as you said. It is associated with cold also. Can you send me an image of your eye so I can guide you more precisely? If needed we can add medicines also.  Read Full »

I have redness in the eyes. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have redness in the eyes for 3 days already after moving the eyes very quickly from side to side for a long period of time. The eyes are sore to move. Please tell me what it is.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly attach the image of your eye for further diagnosis.  Read Full »

Why do I get infections in skin, ear, and eye one after the other?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple conditions going on right now and fear that it could be a parasitic condition and need some expert advice. Started off with a terrible skin rash that has large and small lesions but no itch. Next a pretty substantial ear infection with swelling and discharge. Now the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement you have been suffering from skin rash without itching, ear infection with swelling and discharge, eye infection with coming out of something whitish-yellow under eyelid, and mucus with the same particles. All t...  Read Full »

Will elevated WBC and neutrophil counts suggest blood cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a CBC (complete blood count) done yesterday and it came back with elevated WBC of 13500, with neutrophils 9000 (more or less), ESR 36, and close to normal lymphocytes. My urine sample was negative. I had a severe eye infection that lasted about 10 days and started clearing up re...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my opinion for your asked question. Your total count and neutrophils are elevated. So it could be due to bacterial infection or stress as per provided history. You can complete the course of antibiotics. Meanwhile, try to reduce stress and anxiety by yoga,...  Read Full »