Eye Infection

Can pink eye spread through sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pink eye. Can I have sex with my wife as we are trying for pregnancy? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Probably you have conjunctivitis and that is a communicable disease. So, I would not advise you get intimate with your wife for next 2-3 days till you get better. For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doc...  Read Full »

Is parasitic eye infection contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had some irritation in her eye. So, we went to the doctor, who said she has a parasite in her eye. After reading about it on the internet, I am worried that she might go blind. It is a very new relationship, so I wanted to know if it is contagious?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The parasite inside the eye is usually, cysticercus or hydatid. It is not transmitted through natural sexual routes. It is usually ingested through food. Some parasites, for example, lice or mites infesting the eyelashes are transmitted through physical contact. But, the...  Read Full »

How to treat pus discharge from eyes in a 2-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old baby has pus (photos attached) coming out from her eyes since morning. After cleaning the discharge, it comes back again in 30 to 40 minutes. She has no fever, and is playing and feeding well, except the irritation she is feeling in her eyes due to pus and rubs eyes occa...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has got an infection in her eyes, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and she needs antibiotic eye drops. Start Tobrex (Tobramycin) eye drops, one drop four times a day after cleaning her eyes. Please wash your hands after touching and cleaning her e...  Read Full »

What to do for itchy and crumbled eyelids?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel itchy and a cut sensation in the corner of the eye and top of the eye lid. My eye lid looks crumbled in the morning. There is also some cut lines on the upper part of the nose and top of eye lid. I am suffering with this over last two days. But, I do not have any vision problem. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like traumatic skin abrasions most likely nails, which do happen unknowingly when you are asleep. Just apply antibiotic ointment and clean with Dettol to prevent secondary infectio...  Read Full »

Is my left eye red due to constant contact lens use?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old, and I wear contact lenses. I have never really taken them off. I would sleep with the contact lenses in my eyes and I have started wearing them since I was 13 years old. I would change them, but I would not take them off, and I would go days. My vision gets worse wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be an infection, but one thing you must remember is contact lenses should ideally be used 8 to 10 hours a day. If you wear during sleep and for more than 10 hours a day, there is a possibility of the eyes developing infection and transparency of cornea getting d...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes red and warm?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are red and warm since the last four days. I wear spectacles. What could this be?  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from conjunctivitis or some other eye infection or it might be some allergy which is common. You should wash your eyes with warm water mixed with a pinch of salt (similar to one prepared for gargling, but with lesser salt). Do this every two to ...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for inflamed eye carbuncle?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a small ball in the corner of my left eye, (on my nose side). I have looked it up and apparently, it is an inflamed eye carbuncle. The surrounding area inside my eye is becoming increasingly red. Please what is the regular treatment for this? Do I need surgery? I am taking anti...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good that you are taking antibiotics, in addition to it, take anti-inflammatory drops like Flurbiprofen eye drops. If still severe pain or redness, you may need oral anti-inflammatory drugs like Serratiopeptidase. Do apply hot compresses. No surgery required for now. Se...  Read Full »

Please tell me the treatment of eye infection due to pythium.

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has an eye infection for the past two months. The doctors diagnosed that it is a fungal infection pythium keratitis. This infection might be from crops. They said that there is no anti fungal for this type of fungus and asked to apply Itral eye drop hourly, Zaha four times ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In case the organism is pythium as you have said, it has been found that it does not respond to available antifungals. Previously patients have been managed by corneal transplant to remove the infected organ so that it does not affect inner parts of the eye. Your decisi...  Read Full »

I have frequent and recurring stye problem.Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have frequent and recurring stye problem. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Stye is an infective condition of the glands of the eyelids. This is caused by infection with common bacteria like staphylococci. The treatment is mainly by the use of antibiotic eye drops and oral anti-inflammatory drugs. Use of hot compression will provide symptomatic...  Read Full »

My contact lens has dried out. Can I use it?

Query: Hello Doctor, I did not use my contact lenses for two weeks. When I opened the lens case after 2 weeks, my coloured (monthly) lenses had dried out. One of the them seems to be a little smaller. Can I use it?  Read Full »

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com   I suggest you not to use the lenses.   Because the solution which protects them from microbes has dried out, there are chances of acanthamoeba infections.   So it is better to change the lens to prevent infections. Consult an eye care ophthalmologist online to choos...  Read Full »