Q. Why does my eye hurt after wearing contact lens?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Published on Dec 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I put in my contact lenses in the morning and everything is fine. But, a few hours later, my left contact moves and slides. When I take it out, my eye hurts for a while. Why?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Sometimes, the cornea may be steeper or flatter than usual. The base curve of the lens may not match your cornea's base curve. You can get it measured from any optometrist.
  • Otherwise, try using the preservative free lubricating drop to take care of any associated dryness that may cause the lens to pop out.
  • I suggest Refresh Ezee (Sodium Carboxymethyl cellulose). Consult your local optometrist or ophthalmologist and discuss the above.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

Which medicine can I take for itchiness in eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. There is a lot of itchiness in eyes for the past three to four days. Please tell me what to do. Which medicine can I take?  Read Full »

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old female going through dry eyes for the past 45 days. I have been to three different doctors but no relief. I feel heaviness in the eyes along with pain and redness. I have been given a gel and a tube (Systane eye drop and Ara gel). Please help.  Read Full »