Q. I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

I am 42 years old female going through dry eyes for the past 45 days. I have been to three different doctors but no relief. I feel heaviness in the eyes along with pain and redness. I have been given a gel and a tube (Systane eye drop and Ara gel). Please help.

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Dry eye syndrome is a condition which can best be managed but cannot be treated, since it is caused by multiple factors like age, environment, etc. The good thing is that it is not dangerous. You are already using Systane (Propylene glycol) and Ara gel (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose). If no relief from these then you can try more viscous lubricants which stay longer in the eye or you can go for plugging your drainage ducts. Also get your eye sight and eye pressure tested.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|