Q. Is it normal to observe light spreading out on seeing bulb after wearing Toric lens?

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Published on Jan 17, 2019

My site vision is -4. I have been using contacts for the last six years. This time, I tried the Toric lens. After using them for a week, I noticed the light used to spread out when I see the bulb. Now today my one eyeball color is a bit faded from the top. Also, I have a migraine.

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

From the information you have given, your vision prescription is -4. You have not specified whether it is a spherical, cylindrical, or a compound power. You are also using a Toric contact lens, for the first time. The reason for seeing light spreading can be due to a faulty fitting contact lens, because, the Toric lens has to be perfectly fitting, since they carry an axis power. The other reason could due to corneal edema, again due to a faulty fitting contact lens. Take care.

Is my left eye red due to constant contact lens use?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 16 years old, and I wear contact lenses. I have never really taken them off. I would sleep with the contact lenses in my eyes and I have started wearing them since I was 13 years old. I would change them, but I would not take them off, and I would go days. My vision gets worse wh...  Read Full »

My eyes are sore after using contact lens. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I accidentally put a daily contact for astigmatism in my eye, but I do not have astigmatism. I took it out right after because it really hurts. But, my eyeball is still sore. Could it have caused damage?  Read Full »

Why does my eye hurt after wearing contact lens?

Query: Hi doctor, I put in my contact lenses in the morning and everything is fine. But, a few hours later, my left contact moves and slides. When I take it out, my eye hurts for a while. Why?  Read Full »