Q. Is it normal to observe light spreading out on seeing bulb after wearing Toric lens?

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

My site vision is -4. I have been using contacts for the last six years. This time, I tried the Toric lens. After using them for a week, I noticed the light used to spread out when I see the bulb. Now today my one eyeball color is a bit faded from the top. Also, I have a migraine.

#

From the information you have given, your vision prescription is -4. You have not specified whether it is a spherical, cylindrical, or a compound power. You are also using a Toric contact lens, for the first time. The reason for seeing light spreading can be due to a faulty fitting contact lens, because, the Toric lens has to be perfectly fitting, since they carry an axis power. The other reason could due to corneal edema, again due to a faulty fitting contact lens. Take care.

|