Contrast Enhanced Computed Tomography

Does the CT scan of my brain show a meningioma?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like your opinion regarding the attached CT scan of my head. I specifically want to know if you see any indication of a meningioma in the left posterior parietal lobe. I would also like your opinion regarding whether or not a CT without contrast would show this particular anoma...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I see a spot of hyperdensity in the left posterior parietal lobe. However, the findings are not suggestive of a meningioma. The hyperdensity may represent calcification due to a granuloma. I suggest...  Read Full »

What is your suggestion for my stomach pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old female. I am suffering from stomach pain. My ultrasound scan was reported as normal. The CT scan report is normal with an impression as minimal free fluid in the pelvis. Our physician told that I have some infection in the intestine and was advised to take antibiotic an...  Read Full »

Dr. Tim Evans

Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before proceeding any further, a few things I would need to know. How long have your symptoms been present for? Why did you have your uterus and ovaries removed? Was it for cancer or not? The first thing I note is that (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with...  Read Full »

Despite taking medicines for stomach pain, I did not get any relief. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having stomach pain from about one and a half months. The pain generally begins after lunch or dinner and may last for one to four hours. It is episodic in nature and increases in severity, and then gradually goes away. The pain occurs in the lower left region near the navel. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your treating doctor has evaluated you for all possible causes of the pain. And the prescription now you are using is an empirical therapy. If the pain still persists the next level of work u...  Read Full »

What do unenhanced intracranial appearances mean on brain CT?

Query: Hello doctor, I have headaches. I had CT scan of the brain and the result was normal unenhanced intracranial appearances. What does this mean? I am currently on Omeprazole, Domperidone, Mebeverine, Fexofenadine, Avamys, Ventolin, Seretide, and Ranitidine. I have uploaded photos of my scan.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed carefully your uploaded scan report and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that they indicate a normal brain structure. The term "nonenhanced" means that there is no enhancement from the IV (intravenous) co...  Read Full »

What liver problem do the attached reports show?

Query: Hi doctor, Kindly take a look at the medical reports of the patient. He suffers from a liver problem, which suddenly started last week. Could you please diagnose the case and give your recommendations? Can the patient be treated with medication or should he go for surgery? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankur Jindal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).It appears to be a large cystic liver lesion. It is possibly the remains of an amoebic liver abscess or hydatid cyst.I suggest getting an amoebic serology and hydatid serology. Also get a C...  Read Full »

Why has my abdomen pain not reduced even after taking antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52 year old female. Two weeks back, I had severe abdomen pain and got a sonography done. I have been diagnosed with amebic liver abscess. It was identified 13 days back and I was admitted in hospital for three days and was given saline and Metronidazole dosages, but still not re...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavin Bhupendra Vasavada

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If no improvement is present even after antibiotics, I would recommend a CT scan to confirm whether it is an abscess or something else. If CT scan confirms that it is liver abscess, then would just put a sonographic guided needle in the abscess and drain out all the pus. ...  Read Full »

Even after 4 years of hernia surgery I have trouble near groin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a right inguinal hernia laparoscopic surgery four years back. After about 10 days of surgery, I started walking for about 4 to 5 km. The first two days, I did not feel any trouble. But, on the third day of my walk, I begun to feel trouble in the area of the groin and felt weak to...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hernia surgery involves placement of a prolene mesh in the area of weakness, which promotes vigorous fibrosis. So, it is only normal to experience mild discomfort on the side of surgery. If it is not troubling you too much, then it is better to leave it alone, because any...  Read Full »

I have multiple small nodules in both the lungs. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I underwent a comprehensive health checkup recently and it revealed multiple small nodules in both my lungs from the high resolution CT scan. Presently, I have sporadic recurring breathlessness during late evenings. Now, I am taking osteopenia medication, calcium and calcinase nasal spra...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your CT scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that you do have nodular lesions. But, your symptoms do not correlate with these lesions. Nodules of less than 5 mm size are of no significance. Nodule of 8 mm size to be followed up after s...  Read Full »