Q. How to stop hair fall immediately?

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

I am a 21-year-old male. I have hair fall problem for more than a year. When I am not taking a head bath a day, my hair becomes oily, and I start to have itching. How can I manage this condition?

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The condition is known as androgenetic alopecia (AGA). It is also known as male pattern hair loss. It is genetic, and it occurs due to hormonal changes. It is a progressive condition. If you have a positive family history, then there can be a fast progression. Medications can control it.

You can use topical Minoxidil 5 % solution. Apply one ml to the scalp in the morning after washing the scalp and apply one ml at night. It has long-term treatment. Take Androanagen (Biotin with Calcium pantothenate) tablet. It is a hair nutrient. Take one tablet in the morning after breakfast. Use Anaphase shampoo (Glyceryl laurate with Sodium laureth sulfate) to wash the scalp every day.

Stop smoking if you have the habit. Nicotine decreases the blood supply to the hair roots. Do regular physical exercise every day for 40 minutes. It keeps the hormones under control. Take protein rich diet which includes egg, chicken, fish, milk, curd, and lentils. Hair is made up of a protein called keratin. So there is more requirement of protein in the diet. Wash your scalp every day. Do not use oil over your hair as you have sufficient oil in your scalp coming from the sebaceous glands of the scalp. Excess oil makes the scalp prone to dandruff.

|