Q. What can be done for pain in the sole of both the feet?

Dr. Anuj Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 03, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 12, 2019

I have been feeling pain in the sole of both the foot (in the ball area). Probably, this is because I did boxing with no shoes and after that, every time I step on hard surfaces or uneven surfaces there is excruciating pain in my third and fourth toe. I thought they were calluses so I tried to remove them but the result is I punctured both the sole of my foot (using a nipper) because I thought my body would react to and make the recovery faster but it has only gotten worse.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Surgery
#

This is known as corn and it usually happens after repeated pressure at the same point. You can use either corn tape or Salicylic acid paint over it. you need to apply it daily and that extra skin will peel off daily. The only problem with this is the recurrence. If it reoccurs, then you can get it removed surgically. You need to remove the cause. Use good shoes.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Are corneal thickness and stromal thickness the same?

Query: Hi doctor, What is corneal stromal thickness? I got LASIK done. I got pentacam and my cornea thickness is 465 microns. Is it same as corneal stromal thickness? Please explain me.  Read Full »

Is Vysov good for controlling blood sugar?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 29 years old. My blood sugar levels were FBS 296 and PP 441. So, I consult with doctor and they suggested to take Insulin 14 units in the morning and 8 units at night for 15 days. After 15 days, it reduced to FBS 180 and PP 230. So, they stopped insulin and then they asked to take Vy...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now