Q. I have keratitis and after the treatment I still have a tiny grey spot on my cornea. I am really worried about my eye.

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 26, 2015 and last reviewed on: Dec 24, 2018

I have keratitis and after the treatment, I still have a tiny grey spot on my cornea.

Here is the treatment which I had followed:

• Visit 1 - (October 2014) Fucithalmic eye drops 1 % - three times daily for two weeks.
  • Visit 2 - (October 2014) Exocine 0.3 % - four times daily for a month.
  • Visit 2 - Artelac eye drops - four times daily for a month.
  • Visit 3 - (December 2014) Artelac eye drops - two times daily for a month.
  • Visit 4 - (24th February 2015) - Zylet Etabonate and Prednol, Tobramycine 0.3 % for two weeks.
  • Visit 4 - Artelac eye drops - two times daily. I have been using till now.

I am really worried about my eye. Please help me.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.I reviewed your history.

It seems from the history that you had keratitis and following the treatment, you have a small corneal opacity.

Artelac is an artificial tear eye drops and it can be used for a long time without causing side effects. Hence no need to be worried about the use of Artelac eye drops.

The next treatment depends on the site and size of the opacity. If the opacity is superficial and peripheral, then no need to be worried becauseit will be replaced by clear corneal layers slowly as the epithelium of the cornea sheds and regrows. However, if the opacity is deeper and bigger then you may need further surgical intervention like keratoplasty.

Since you have mentioned that the opacity is tiny, this may resolve and you need not be worried about it.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Revert back to an eye care ophthalmologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|