Q. What could be the reason for my red and itchy eyes?

Dr. Skandha Harshita

My eyes become red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. They remain fine when I am in the city where I work. But as soon as I visit my hometown, they become red in a day or two. I have the problem for about two to three years. There are no pollens present here, and the climate is the same in both the cities. What is the problem? How to treat it? Can you please recommend some drops?

#

You are suffering from seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. Although you do not have pollens or any visible allergens in your area, your eye is already sensitized previously. Allergic conjunctivitis can trigger spontaneously. Reduce the sensitivity of the eye to such allergens. I prescribe eye drops Winolap DS (Olopatadine) one drop four times a day. Use Artificial tears one drop six times a day. It should be instilled into the eye for two weeks. Do cold compresses for two weeks. Dip a cloth in cold water and apply it on the eyes before sleeping. It also helps to reduce sensitivity.

|