Keratitis

What could be the white spot in the eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a watery eye and I feel something is there in my eye since last week. It was really bad during the weekend and I found a white spot in the eye. I went to an ophthalmologist and he just had a look through the machine. He said it could be marginal keratitis and gave me drops and c...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you name the medicines that your doctor prescribed? Marginal keratitis is not a disease to be taken lightly. The white spot will lighten as the healing begins but will not completely vanish. Send me the pictures of the doctor's file and the medications prescribed. ...  Read Full »

Why does the lymph node swelling persist even after a month of wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had aggressive damaged wisdom teeth removal about a month ago. And since then I have a swollen lymph node in my neck on the side of the removal which sometimes it hurts and feel swollen and sometimes normal but it does not go away. But for the last two days, both sides are swollen ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is showing right follicular tonsilitis with keratitis of the right buccal mucosa and attrition of the teeth with discoloration of the teeth present. For tonsillitis, you have to use antibiotics...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a treatment plan for keratitis.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from stromal viral keratitis. My doctor mentioned in my report as stromal keratitis (herpes?). Is that herpes? Also I was prescribed Pred forte, Add Tears and Acivir ointment. Are these right medicines? This is the second episode after five years. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me share some facts about viral infection of eye. Primary viral infection of the eye is usually followed by recurrent infection that may involve any or all layers of cornea. Cornea has three layers: Epithelium, stroma and endothelium. It is when the stroma affec...  Read Full »

Why do my eyes look dilated after using lens for 12 hours?

Query: Hi doctor, I used contact lens for more than 12 hours and also applied eye drops twice. During that time, my left eye had slight pain. But, I ignored it. Next morning, left eye looks dilated and off center. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description you have given, it looks like you have contact lens induced keratitis. This means in simple language, that due to abuse of contact lens, your cornea has been injured. This could be serious. I suggest you that immediately remove your l...  Read Full »

I have an ulcer behind the wisdom tooth. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, From the last three months, I have a constant pain on the right side of my mouth. I believe the pain was similar to when someone has an erupting wisdom tooth, but I am not 100 % sure. When I looked in the mirror with a flashlight, I found a tiny white spot in the area between my right ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. I have seen all the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is nothing to worry. It is a healing traumatic keratitis. As per the given picture, your lower wisdom tooth was not in the correct position. The normal ...  Read Full »

There is a tiny grey spot on cornea after keratitis treatment. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have keratitis and after the treatment, I still have a tiny grey spot on my cornea. Here is the treatment which I had followed: Visit 1 - (October 2014) Fucithalmic eye drops 1 % - three times daily for two weeks. Visit 2 - (October 2014) Exocine 0.3 % - four times daily for a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you had keratitis and following the treatment, you have a small corneal opacity. Artelac is an artificial tear eye drops and it can be used for a long time without causing side effects. Hence no need to be worri...  Read Full »

Please tell me the treatment of eye infection due to pythium.

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has an eye infection for the past two months. The doctors diagnosed that it is a fungal infection pythium keratitis. This infection might be from crops. They said that there is no anti fungal for this type of fungus and asked to apply Itral eye drop hourly, Zaha four times ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In case the organism is pythium as you have said, it has been found that it does not respond to available antifungals. Previously patients have been managed by corneal transplant to remove the infected organ so that it does not affect inner parts of the eye. Your decisi...  Read Full »

I cannot read the fourth line on the eye test chart. Is my condition amblyopia ?

Query: Hello doctor,I have done my eye test. During the test, I cannot read the fourth line of letters even with the lenses they provide. All the lenses I have tried. Is it serious? What is the problem? I am very tensed.  Read Full »

Dr. Thilanka Kashyapa Perera

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to answer you, I need little more details. Have you been using glasses? Are you unable to read the fourth line with both of your eyes or only from one eye? What is the correction you were given for 6/18 line, I mean the prescription of glasses? How did you no...  Read Full »

Can a corneal ulcer be treated without seeing a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pretty sure I have a corneal ulcer. I have had them in the past although. It has been a little over 10 years since my last, I know the pain associated with getting one and I do have a history. However, I had never actually seen exactly what it looked like as my eye would be too r...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavna

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned, you seem to be having contact lens induced keratitis (corneal ulcer) or marginal keratitis. A corneal ulcer develops when there is a break in the corneal epithelium. Normally, tears play a major role in maintaining the integrity of the c...  Read Full »

Baby has thin white line surrounding the eyeball. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1 year old baby is having a white thin line surrounding the black area in the eyeball in the left eye and the white part is little red.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the pictures you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are two possible diagnoses. Keratitis (marginal keratitis). Allergic conjunctivitis. Although I feel this is more a picture of keratitis. I suggest starting Vigamox eye dr...  Read Full »