Correction Of Face Structure

What are the risks involved in a jaw setback surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 18 year old female. I was 13 years old when I got my braces. My orthodontist made it in such a way that the lower set of teeth were slanting inwards so that my upper row could be in front. I do not have trouble chewing. I want a jaw setback surgery as I find my face structure v...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can undergo surgery to reduce the lower jaw, i.e., mandible by around 5 mm or so if needed. It is only a slight difference. The advantage is a slight increase in aesthetics later on probably. Some disadvantage is always present like you said, i.e., nerve damage...  Read Full »

My lower jaw sits a little backwards. Can this be corrected?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some problems with my dental structure. The one that I feel as a major issue is that my lower jaw sits a little backwards from where it should rest. It is resulting in giving me a double chin and makes me look awkward. Kindly suggest how this can be corrected. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to see a picture for finding a complete treatment plan. Some type of cases can be corrected by using braces or orthodontic treatment, but some require a surgical procedure to correct them. Revert back with the photos to a dentist online --> https:...  Read Full »

My smile gives a bad impression because of my large upper lip. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My upper lip right side corner is somewhat large. When I smile, it moves far away. It gives a very dirty impression. It creates depression for me. I can send you my picture if needed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yeah, definitely I can see that you have a little bit elongated lips on one side and that is what is making it asymmetrical. The solution for this is either surgical which will be...  Read Full »

Does my nose look really big?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years years old and just wondering if my nose is average or actually big.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, I would like to assure you that you are just perfect and nothing needs to be done cosmetically. Secondly, if the structure of your nose is causing you any physical ill health, you ne...  Read Full »

Why does the right side of my face look weak and uneven while the left looks fine?

Query: Hello doctor,My nose for some reason seems to always be clogged after I wake up and I have noticed that my nose is uneven along with my eyes. The left side of my face looks strong and healthy while the right side looks weak and uneven.  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as the picture is considered, there is some obvious deformity on the right side. The alar curvature is increased which makes it look like it is uneven. You said you have clogging of the nose which means there might be a slight collapse of the internal valve o...  Read Full »

Which cosmetic procedure will make my face more symmetrical?

Query: Hello doctor, I am seeking to make my face more symmetrical. I am already considering a nose job. What other procedures could help? I have attached two photos of mine. One is the real photo of the left side, and the other one is the mirror image of the right side of my face.  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.As far as I could see the face looks great. However, if you are looking for the nose job or other surgical procedures, then my suggestion is to go for a non-surgical procedure first.You can get a non-surgical procedure such as a dermal filler for both face and nose to tweak...  Read Full »