Q. I have slight problem in breathing after getting COVID-19. Kindly advise.

Dr. Nasir
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 24, 2020

Was having Covid 10 days back. Three days I was having sore throat, feverish, sweating,tiredness,dysentry, stomach ache. Then all right from 4 th day till now. Today on 10th day feeling slight problem in breathing without any cough or like that as I took azithromycin for last five days also. Took montclair LC which eased it a bit. Kindly advise.

#

Good day to you Sir I can totally understand your problem. Covid is a very strange disease , the manifestations of which we are still understanding. one of the lung manifestations of covid is fibrosis. the Lung and it's covering called pleura undergo thickening in the part which was affected. This reduces the lungs capacity to exchange air. this can lead to breathlessness.

But we are well equipped to handle a certain amount of stress. So for us to actually feel breathless at least 50% of the lung has to be damaged. I am just informing you this so that you understand the basis of the disease. Now saying all this , the symptoms that are facing are just a sequelae of covid. I would ask you to keep a small Saturation probe at home and keep monitoring Saturation. it should be above 92%. If you can get a chest xray and send it to me it would be greatly helpful and I would be able to prescribe medication of necessary.

chest xray

post covid sequelae

shall be decided after chest xray

|