Q. My father is a cardiac patient. Should he stop his medications for getting vaccinated for COVID-19?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

Should I stop Aspirin tablets for COVID vaccination?

#

There is no need to stop Aspirin for COVID-19 vaccination if Aspirin is being taken for secondary prevention of ischemic events.

Please tell me why are you taking Aspirin? What other medicines are you taking? Any previous cardiac issue?

My father is a diabetic and cardiac patient with the PTCA done about 12 years back. From the day the stunt was inserted, he is almost using the Ceruvin A tablet (more than five years). Now to go for COVID vaccination, does he need to stop this medication and continue after the vaccination?

Current Medication: Gemer, Galvas, Ceruvin A (in the afternoon), Storvas (at night).

Query: What medication from above needs to be stopped before vaccination and how long before? And after the COVID vaccination, how many days after should he resume the medication of Ceruvin A or any tablet from above.

#

There is no need to stop any medicine. COVID-19 vaccine or any other intramuscular or intravenous injection can be safely given with these medicines. Suppose any other query regarding heart-related issues, management of doses of cardiac medicines, risk factors reduction strategies such as blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, Cholesterol issues, ECG, Echocardiography reports interpretations, pacemaker, ICDs, CRTs, and newer developments in cardiac patient's care. In that case, you can consult me anytime.

|