Q. Despite double masking, I got a fever the day after I went to a crowded place. Is this COVID?

Dr. Radha P H
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 12, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2021

Yesterday, I went to a crowded place but wore a double mask and used sanitizer. I am stressed a lot, and after that, there was a rise in my temperature a little bit. But it subsided within half an hour, and after that, I am feeling feverish like hot breath, but my temperature is normal. I am 21-year-old, and I am not using any other medications. And I am not experiencing any other symptoms. What should I do? Kindly give your opinion.

#

If you have a fever after going to a crowded place, it need not be because of that incident. It will take more than a day for you to develop the symptoms of COVID. If you have gone out before yesterday somewhere, you might have got the infection then. Anyway, are you having any respiratory symptoms? How are your taste and smell? Any throat pain? Any loose stools? At this time of the pandemic, fever should be considered as COVID only. You can be in quarantine at home, take Paracetamol three times a day and do COVID testing if the fever continues for more than two days. If you have any elderly people at home, better do RT-PCR (reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction) now to know if you have to be extra careful. I hope this was helpful.

|