Q. Do I need to get admitted in hospital for my COVID symptoms?

Dr. Manisha Raghunath Auradkar

Hello doctor.

I have been tested positive for COVID -19 yesterday. I am experiencing cold with thick sputum, sore throat, mild fever, and no other symptoms.

#

I can understand your concern. Most important thing you should be doing now, is monitoring your SpO2 (oxygen saturation) levels. If you do not have a pulse oximeter then get one today. If your oxygen saturation level stays above 97-98 percent, there is no need to worry. If you observe the levels going below 94-95 percent and further down, seek medical help as soon as possible.

Apart from these, make sure you eat healthy food. Drink warm water. Isolate yourself from others. Wear a mask if you come in contact with others and make sure those who come in contact with you also wear a mask. You can take tablet Paracetamol 650 mg for fever, twice a day and if required thrice a day. For other medicines you will be needing a prescription from a doctor so, consult a physician in your area and get one. Then take the medicines as per advice.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to contact for any further query in the future.

|