Q. I have a fever with CT showing viral pneumonia. Kindly advise management.

Dr. Zubayeralam

I am a 59-year-old male. I have Covid-19 symptoms such as fever and weakness.

My CT scan shows bilateral polysegmental lesion - viral pneumonia (CT-1). Coronary calcification in all lobes of the lungs. But with a predominance in the lower lobes, multiple areas of compaction of the lung tissue of the ground glass type are determined, the volume of the lesion is up to 10%, the localization is subpleural and peribronchial.

Consolidation and thickening of the structures of the secondary pulmonary lobule is noted. Areas of linear seals. There is no effusion in the pleural and pericardial cavities. The shape of the chest is normal.

In the cardio-diaphragmatic angles, formations were not detected. All pulmonary fields have small fibrous adhesions and foci of focal pneumofibrosis. The diaphragm is normal. The mediastinum is not displaced. The pulmonary parenchyma is unevenly compacted, the pulmonary pattern is deformed in places. The internal contours of the chest wall are even and clear in all parts. Mediastinal lymph nodes up to 9 mm. No calcification inclusions were found. Calcium deposits in coronary arteries. No other changes were found.

Conclusion: Bilateral polysegmental lesion - viral pneumonia (CT-1). Coronary calcification.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from fever, cough, and weakness. You have recently become COVID-19 positive. Your recent HRCT (high-resolution computed tomography) of the chest shows bilateral polysegmental lesion- viral pneumonia caused by COVID-19 or as a complication of the infection.

As you have COVID-19 pneumonia, you can take antiviral medications and antibiotics to prevent any secondary infections, Fexofenadine and Montelukast for controlling the cough.

You can gurgle with salt mixed with warm water three to four times daily. Monitor your oxygen saturation rate by a pulse oximeter. If your oxygen saturation declines below 92℅, immediately get admitted to the hospital.

| 

Am I suffering from pneumonia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having fever for about a month now. So, I have done a master health checkup and the report shows raised PLBS 184, SGPT 121, LDL 112 and fatty liver. My chest x-ray PA view shows right lower zone soft tissue opacity. Because of the soft tissue opacity fever pack, thyroid profile, bloo...  Read Full »

COVID-19 - Second Wave

Article Overview: The second wave of COVID-19 is a red flag. Read more to know about the precautionary measures. Read Article

Dr. Lochana
Infectious Diseases Specialist

Overview: COVID-19 has resulted in pathetic conditions throughout the year. We have still not found a perfect solution, but most countries were successful in declining the number of cases. There are several negative outcomes that are expected in the second wave. Many protection measures have to be c...  Read Article

Does pneumonia cause weight loss?

Query: Hello doctor, My younger daughter was diagnosed with pneumonia when she was 8 months old. She is better now (11.7 months now). Her birth weight was 3.5 kg. And by 7 months, she was 6.9 kg. But due to this pneumonia attack she lost her weight and is now weighing 6.9 kg. Is it okay? Or is she underwe...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Pulmonologist Now