Q. Am I suffering from pneumonia?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Pneumonia or Diabetes? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am having fever for about a month now. So, I have done a master health checkup and the report shows raised PLBS 184, SGPT 121, LDL 112 and fatty liver. My chest x-ray PA view shows right lower zone soft tissue opacity. Because of the soft tissue opacity fever pack, thyroid profile, blood culture and sensitivity, sputum AFB, sputum culture and sensitivity and sputum gram stain tests were done. The results were normal except the gram stain test results. The gram stain sputum culture conventional showed pus cells and epithelial cells occasionally, bacteria - gram positive cocci, gram negative rods. Sputum culture and sensitivity showed pus cell - occasional, epithelial cells - occasional, bacteria - gram positive cocci and gram negative rods and growth observed - normal flora. So, kindly explain the above results and advise me. My past medical history includes fistula-in-ano, hypertension and vitamin D deficiency. Currently, I am taking Telma 40 mg and Lumia 60k.