Q. Is Aspirin for COVID safe in the seventh month of pregnancy?

Dr. Mubashir Razzaq Khan

I am 31-years-old. I am currently in my seventh month of pregnancy. I got a cough, cold, and fever for two and three days last week; afterward, I got better. Post that, my husband also got a cold and fever. He went to the office, so he tested for COVID-19, and the result was positive. So, I am guessing even I had COVID-19. Now, after my gynecologist heard this, she suggested I take a blood thinner, Ecosporin 75 mg every day until the thirty-fourth week of pregnancy. Should I take this?

#

I hope you did not develop any severe signs and symptoms of COVID-19. In COVID-19, Aspirin and its analogs do not have any prognostic role. However, oral Rivaroxaban does play a role in preventing and managing low to intermediate grade COVID-19 associated disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC). Consult your specialist, discuss with them and take medicines with their consent. Please get a D-dimers test before taking an anticoagulant. In the absence of any procoagulant condition, blood thinners should be avoided in the last trimester.

I only had cough, sore throat and fever Max temp- 100.8. This lasted 2-3 days. No other symptoms. Will take the test. Thank you
# hi. welcome back. it's good to see that your d dimers are though raised, but not significantly raised. however take rivaroxaban 10 mgday for a week as a prophylaxis.
nothing bad gonna happen. no need of further testing if there're no symptoms.

|