Cry

Is it normal to cry alone and not tell people how you feel?

Query: I am uncertain about my mental health. I had a breakdowm few days ago and thought of suicide. Lately I've been watching depression videos and listening to depression songs which somehow i can relate. I am also usually overthinking things and little or petty things can actually trigger my emotions ea...  Read Full »

Dr. Sibananda Mishra

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello! Good afternoon. I have gone through your problem. Do not worry be happy. For good mental health you have to do prayer and physical exercises everyday in the morning and in the evening. You have to continue your daily routine with interest. You think or visualize that you are a very capable, ...  Read Full »

Why does my 25-month-old daughter have disturbed sleep and loss of appetite?

Query: Hi doctor, I have 25 months girl who feels discomfort at sleep for a couple of days. For the time she has also lost some of her appetite. I have checked her symptoms and signs. Her body temperature is normal, around 34 but sometimes her hands get hot. She has attended all her vaccines and currently,...  Read Full »

Dr. Samir Bhatia

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, thank you for the elaborate history. Hope you are safe. I appreciate your concern regarding your child. This behavior is normal because as the child grows he/she wants more attention becomes more aware of things. Try to make her more playful keep her more active engage in activities wit...  Read Full »

Why does my 9 months old daughter cry and become angry easily since she fell off the bed?

Query: Good evening, I have a 9 month old daughter who fell off the bed yesterday at around 4pm. I didn't saw if she hit her head or how she hit her head. I gently attended to her and looked for signs of any injury. After making sure that there is no injury, I started consoling her because she was crying ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hello thnx for the query.i can understand ur concern.according to ur statement ur baby cries easily, becomes angry easily and exhibits extreme emotions due to suspecting of fall from bed. young children who cannot talk yet will let u know when something is wrong by acting fussy or irritable.if ur ...  Read Full »

I feel depressed and suffocated. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel low all the time. I do not like to do any work, neither do I feel like eating. I feel like something inside me is being broken or cramped. I feel like crying out loud. While listening to songs, my eyes get filled with tears, and I start crying. I feel suffocated. Long back, when I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehmet Akif Camkurt

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you are describing are consistent with depression and anxiety. As you stated this is the second episode, it alerts us that you have recurrent depressive episodes which are a predictor for further ones. Depression usually lasts about three to six month...  Read Full »

Why does my 3 month old baby cry for half an hour every night?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3 month old baby cries every night for about half an hour before she sleeps. Is this normal? What might be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common complaint in newborn babies and infants. Is your baby is feeding well and has good weight? Does she have normal stools and urination? Is there any other health concern? The common causes of frequent crying in infants could be the following: ...  Read Full »

Why do I cry frequently without a reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am crying frequently without reason. What is the cause? Why do I cry frequently without a specific reason or trigger? How can we stop them? How to treat the problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crying frequently without a trigger is always associated with psychological issues. For physical causes, it can be a chronic pain from a chronic inflammatory condition like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, or physical weakness from a debilitating disease like cance...  Read Full »

Are daily crying spells a sign of depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14 year old boy. I usually live by routine, but whenever I find free time, I usually become very sad until I cry. This happens almost every night before I sleep. Yesterday night, I thought of going out with my friends, until one friend said he was going to watch a movie with hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are experiencing low mood, crying spells, and paranoid thoughts. You are not in a depression. Teenagers might experience certain mood swings due to hormonal changes in the body. You are going through the same. With the mentioned symptoms, y...  Read Full »

What is the reason for constant crying and improper sleep in a 1-month-old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a 1-month-old baby and been facing several issues. He is crying a lot even after feeding him properly, burping him, checking his diaper, making him comfortable and ruling out other health issues and having a hard time in consoling him. We have tried pacifiers for him but avoi...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it seems you are taking excellent care of the child. Good. Now for your queries. Children below the age of 6 months sleep in the day and stay awake at night. It is normal. There is no medicine for the same. As regards to consoling a baby, you can use...  Read Full »

I accidentally pressed the soft spot on my 40 days old baby's head. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I had accidentally pressed the soft spot in the head of my 40 days old baby while taking him out of the crib. He was crying before and after, and he had not made any special responses. Is there anything to worry? Please help. I am so tensed.  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just pressing the soft spot on the baby's head would not cause any major problem. It is just an opening in the head bones. Baby's feel discomfort during handling, hence they cry. But be careful to notice if any excessive and inconsolable cry occurs. Thank you and have a...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of Gorochanadi Gulika?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 2 years and 5 months old. She was on tablet Gorochanadi Gulika when she was 1 and a half year old. She took it for a month to balance her vata-pitta dosha, and she was all right. This year also the same medicine was advised as she was not very active, and I am giving her ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Gorochanadi Gulika contains metals and also some non-veg contents. It is used to treat a wide variety of disorders and also beneficial for children's ailments. Yes, due to metal contents it has some side effects. So take it under the doctor's super...  Read Full »