Cry

Is it necessary to get treatment in a hospital for a patient with depression and bipolar personality?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad went into a kind of depression last year. It has been a year now, and he still has not come out of it. Nor have there been signs of improvement. During the earlier months, it was just fright and anxiousness. He would cry and stuff. During the middle months, it turned more into a f...  Read Full »

Dr. Bn Bhagat

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms which you have mentioned point towards psychiatric illness. First of all, you should take him to visit the psychiatric doctor. The doctor will examine him thoroughly through medical history, progression of symptoms, duration of symptoms, and other vita...  Read Full »

Is it normal to cry alone and not tell people how you feel?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about my mental health. I had a breakdown before few days and I have thoughts of suicide. After that, I started watching depression videos. I listen to depression songs. I have overthinking habit and it triggers my emotions easily. It makes me feel irritated. I can think...  Read Full »

Dr. Sibananda Mishra

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem. Do not be worried. For having good mental health, you need to do prayer and physical exercise every day in the morning and evening. You need to continue your daily routine with interest. You think or visualize that you are a capable, co...  Read Full »

Why does my 25-month-old daughter have disturbed sleep and loss of appetite?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 25-month-old girl. She has discomfort at sleep for a couple of days. She has lost her appetite. I am checking her symptoms and signs regularly. Her body temperature is normal around 34 degrees but sometimes her hands are hot. She has got all her vaccines. During the daytime, s...  Read Full »

Dr. Samir Bhatia

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern regarding your child. This behavior is normal. As the child grows, he or she needs more attention. Try to keep her more playful. Try to engage in activities with her daily. Try to give food to her. Restrict giving milk and give it once a day. Try t...  Read Full »

Why does my 9 months old daughter cry and become angry easily since she fell off the bed?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a nine-month-old daughter. She fell down from the bed yesterday. I do not know whether she got a hit in her head. I looked at her gently to see whether she has any signs of an injury. After making sure that there is no injury, I started consoling her because she started to cry u...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. According to your statement, your baby cries easily, becomes angry easily, and exhibits extreme emotions due to a suspect of fall from the bed. Young children who cannot talk will show things going wrong by doing actions. They act fussy or irr...  Read Full »

I feel depressed and suffocated. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel low all the time. I do not like to do any work, neither do I feel like eating. I feel like something inside me is being broken or cramped. I feel like crying out loud. While listening to songs, my eyes get filled with tears, and I start crying. I feel suffocated. Long back, when I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehmet Akif Camkurt

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you are describing are consistent with depression and anxiety. As you stated this is the second episode, it alerts us that you have recurrent depressive episodes which are a predictor for further ones. Depression usually lasts about three to six month...  Read Full »

Why does my 3 month old baby cry for half an hour every night?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3 month old baby cries every night for about half an hour before she sleeps. Is this normal? What might be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common complaint in newborn babies and infants. Is your baby is feeding well and has good weight? Does she have normal stools and urination? Is there any other health concern? The common causes of frequent crying in infants could be the following: ...  Read Full »

Why do I cry frequently without a reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am crying frequently without reason. What is the cause? Why do I cry frequently without a specific reason or trigger? How can we stop them? How to treat the problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crying frequently without a trigger is always associated with psychological issues. For physical causes, it can be a chronic pain from a chronic inflammatory condition like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, or physical weakness from a debilitating disease like cance...  Read Full »

Are daily crying spells a sign of depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14 year old boy. I usually live by routine, but whenever I find free time, I usually become very sad until I cry. This happens almost every night before I sleep. Yesterday night, I thought of going out with my friends, until one friend said he was going to watch a movie with hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are experiencing low mood, crying spells, and paranoid thoughts. You are not in a depression. Teenagers might experience certain mood swings due to hormonal changes in the body. You are going through the same. With the mentioned symptoms, y...  Read Full »

What is the reason for constant crying and improper sleep in a 1-month-old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a 1-month-old baby and been facing several issues. He is crying a lot even after feeding him properly, burping him, checking his diaper, making him comfortable and ruling out other health issues and having a hard time in consoling him. We have tried pacifiers for him but avoi...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it seems you are taking excellent care of the child. Good. Now for your queries. Children below the age of 6 months sleep in the day and stay awake at night. It is normal. There is no medicine for the same. As regards to consoling a baby, you can use...  Read Full »

I accidentally pressed the soft spot on my 40 days old baby's head. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I had accidentally pressed the soft spot in the head of my 40 days old baby while taking him out of the crib. He was crying before and after, and he had not made any special responses. Is there anything to worry? Please help. I am so tensed.  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just pressing the soft spot on the baby's head would not cause any major problem. It is just an opening in the head bones. Baby's feel discomfort during handling, hence they cry. But be careful to notice if any excessive and inconsolable cry occurs. Thank you and have a...  Read Full »