Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride

How to get my itching treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from itching in different parts of the body for the last three years. It increases during winter season, though it stays in summer season also. I had a past history of head dandruff, face itch and rashes, which was cured and relieved. At present, I am facing problem of i...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from atopic dermatitis. Do you suffer from any allergies? Is there any history of asthma in your family? Moisturizers, which are specially meant for such conditions and other medicines can be used. For example Aveeno or Cetaphil DAM lotion. I...  Read Full »

Why do I not put on weight even after using appetizers?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 23. But, I weigh only 37 kg for 158 cm height. My parents consulted different medical practitioners, but nothing worked out. Appetizers did not work too. I do not have strong immunity. I get fever often. No one in my family is lean other than me. They all have normal weight. ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For a height of 158 cm, your ideal weight should be between 56 to 60 kg. You can definitely gain weight. First of all, I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out complete blood count, chest x-ray, thyroid hormone profile, liver function tests and...  Read Full »

Can Cylip P, A to Z syrup and Hemsi syrup be given to 18 months old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 18 months old and the doctor prescribed her Cylip P, A to Z syrup and Hemsi syrup. Is the prescription correct? I am a bit worried.  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cylip P 1.5 mg/55 mg drop is a combination of two medicines: Cyproheptadine and Tricholine citrate which revives appetite. Cyproheptadine is an appetite stimulant and Hemsi is a hematinic which is used to increase blood hemoglobin. The A to Z is Multivitamins and you...  Read Full »

Can I take tablet Decdan and Practin for weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I take tablet Decdan and Practin for weight gain?  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Decdan (Dexamethasone) is a steroid and has a lot of negative side effect as such. It may cause you a disproportionate and inappropriate fat deposition in the abdomen, face, on the upper back, and you would not like your shape. And besides the bad shape, you may star...  Read Full »

One of my friends wants to use Dexona and Practin to gain weight. Can she use it for 10 days?

Query: Hello doctor,One of my friends wants to use Dexona and Practin to gain weight. Can she use it for 10 days?  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Using Dexona (Dexamethasone) and Practin is not a correct drug for weight gain. Dexona is a corticosteroid hormone (glucocorticoid) used for arthritis, blood, hormone, immune system disorders, allergic reactions, specific skin and eye conditions, breathing problems, ...  Read Full »

My fiance has loss of genital sensation after taking Prozac. Is this permanent?

Query: Hello doctor, My 54 year old fiance had just started 20 mg of Prozac once a day five days ago. He is already experiencing a loss of genital sensation and inability to get aroused. He has never been on any kind of medicine. He is stopping it, but how long will it take to get it out of his system if h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prozac (Fluoxetine) remains in the body for up to two weeks and its metabolites for up to four weeks as its halflife is around 72 hours. Thanks and regards. For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/psychi...  Read Full »

Does Buspirone have any sexual side effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed Fluvoxamine 100 mg a day for my ego-dystonic homosexuality, major depression and OCD. Also, I am on Oxcarbazepine 300 mg twice a day for my laugh without any reason continuously for a long period of time. Now, I started using Buspirone 5 mg for sexual side effects. I did...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No medicine or counseling can alter sexual orientation. Be absolutely clear about this. Any attempt to change orientation by a doctor is considered unethical by professional organizations including the Indian Psychiatric Society, American Psychiatric Association and ...  Read Full »

I lost 10 lbs, and I have abdominal pain from the past seven weeks. Is it due to IBS?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had abdominal pain for the last seven weeks. I experienced the same kind of pain three years back. I had all the imaging examinations, extensive lab workups, and all were normal. I was on 25 mg of Zoloft and 10 mg of Pamelor for the last two years, and I had little discomfort. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be a case of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Zoloft (Sertraline) usually help in IBS. We will first talk about insomnia, for which, follow steps of sleep hygiene as follows: Sleeping and waking up at a regular time. Avoid caffeinated drinks at least ei...  Read Full »