Q. Can Dexona and Practin be used to gain weight?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
Published on May 21, 2019

One of my friends wants to use Dexona and Practin to gain weight. Can she use it for 10 days?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Using Dexona (Dexamethasone) and Practin is not a correct drug for weight gain. Dexona is a corticosteroid hormone (glucocorticoid) used for arthritis, blood, hormone, immune system disorders, allergic reactions, specific skin and eye conditions, breathing problems, certain bowel disorders, and certain cancers.

Practin (Cyproheptadine) is an antihistamine used to relieve allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, itching eyes and nose, sneezing, hives, and itching. So these are not for weight gain.

| 

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

How to gain weight as I am underweight and more vulnerable to climate change?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am underweight and my BMI is low (below 18). I do not have any other medical issues. But, I used to get vulnerable cold and cough to climate change.  Read Full »