Q. Is it advisable to give Cylip P, A to Z syrup and Hemsi syrup to 18 months old baby?

Answered by
Dr. Sajeev Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 13, 2019

Hi doctor,

My daughter is 18 months old and the doctor prescribed her Cylip P, A to Z syrup and Hemsi syrup. Is the prescription correct? I am a bit worried.

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Paediatrics


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Cylip P 1.5 mg/55 mg drop is a combination of two medicines: Cyproheptadine and Tricholine citrate which revives appetite. Cyproheptadine is an appetite stimulant and Hemsi is a hematinic which is used to increase blood hemoglobin. The A to Z is Multivitamins and your daughter can be given all these. Take care and update.

Was this answer helpful?



This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Does Buspirone have any sexual side effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed Fluvoxamine 100 mg a day for my ego-dystonic homosexuality, major depression and OCD. Also, I am on Oxcarbazepine 300 mg twice a day for my laugh without any reason continuously for a long period of time. Now, I started using Buspirone 5 mg for sexual side effects. I did...  Read Full »

My hemoglobin levels are high. Do I need to worry?

Query: Hello doctor,My hemoglobin is 17.3, and total RBC is 6.32. The homocysteine is at 45.3. Is it normal or do I need to worry?  Read Full »

Can I take tablet Decdan and Practin for weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I take tablet Decdan and Practin for weight gain?  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Paediatrician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.