Q. Is it advisable to give Cylip P, A to Z syrup and Hemsi syrup to 18 months old baby?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

My daughter is 18 months old and the doctor prescribed her Cylip P, A to Z syrup and Hemsi syrup. Is the prescription correct? I am a bit worried.

Do you have a question on Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride or Hemoglobin?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

MBBS., DCH., CSC
Child Health Paediatrics

Cylip P 1.5 mg/55 mg drop is a combination of two medicines: Cyproheptadine and Tricholine citrate which revives appetite. Cyproheptadine is an appetite stimulant and Hemsi is a hematinic which is used to increase blood hemoglobin. The A to Z is Multivitamins and your daughter can be given all these. Take care and update.

Also Read Answers From: Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride Hemoglobin

Does Buspirone have any sexual side effects?
Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed Fluvoxamine 100 mg a day for my ego-dystonic homosexuality, major depression and OCD. Also, I am on Oxcarbazepine 300 mg twice a day for my laugh without any reason continuously for a long period of time. Now, I started using Buspirone 5 mg for sexual side effects. I did...  Read Full >>
Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No medicine or counseling can alter sexual orientation. Be absolutely clear about this. Any attempt to change orientation by a doctor is considered unethical by professional organizations including the Indian Psychiatric Society, American Psychiatric Association and ...  Read Full

My hemoglobin levels are high. Do I need to worry?
Query: Hello doctor,My hemoglobin is 17.3, and total RBC is 6.32. The homocysteine is at 45.3. Is it normal or do I need to worry?  Read Full >>
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are a few significant abnormalities which I will try to address. Your hemoglobin is high but your hematocrit is normal. It is usually seen in people who smoke or live at...  Read Full

Can I take tablet Decdan and Practin for weight gain?
Query: Hello doctor, Can I take tablet Decdan and Practin for weight gain?  Read Full >>
Dr. Ohams Henry
General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Decdan (Dexamethasone) is a steroid and has a lot of negative side effect as such. It may cause you a disproportionate and inappropriate fat deposition in the abdomen, face, on the upper back, and you would not like your shape. And besides the bad shape, you may star...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now