Q. Are Decdan and Practin good drugs for weight gain?

Dr. Ohams Henry

Can I take tablet Decdan and Practin for weight gain?

#

Decdan (Dexamethasone) is a steroid and has a lot of negative side effect as such. It may cause you a disproportionate and inappropriate fat deposition in the abdomen, face, on the upper back, and you would not like your shape. And besides the bad shape, you may start having high blood pressure, a heart condition, can predispose you to diabetes later. It can also lead to adrenal gland suppression by which the corticosteroid hormones will impair the natural hormone produced by your body, leading to adrenal failures.

If you want to gain weight, you can increase your meal to mostly carbohydrate and fatty meals, increase the frequency of your meal. You can take Cyproheptadine tablet 4 mg in morning and night. It will increase your appetite and cause you to eat more, sleep more, and you gradually gain weight more proportionately.

|