Q. I have dandruff and hair fall even after using Ketostar shampoo. Why?

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I am suffering from hair fall and more dandruff. Now I am using Ketostar shampoo for the past four months. Dandruff is very irritating. Kindly help me.

#

Ketostar shampoo contains Ketoconazole which acts when dandruff is due to fungal infection. But dandruff can be due to many other causes like chemical dermatitis (sometimes due to retained shampoo), dry scalp (regularly using too warm water on the scalp), etc.

You should follow the below-mentioned measures for controlling dandruff:

1) Use coconut oil. It has potent antimicrobial properties and improves skin hydration, thereby reducing symptoms of dandruff.

2) Manage stress levels. Stress weakens immunity and decreases the body’s capacity to fight off dandruff-causing infections. Stress also often precedes seborrheic dermatitis, which is one of the commonest causes of dandruff.

3) Use Omega 3 fatty acid-rich foods like walnuts.

4) Probiotics can help improve immunity and can reduce dandruff severity.

5) Rinse your scalp thoroughly after shampooing and make sure that all the shampoo is rinsed off completely. Remnant shampoo can cause chemical dermatitis and eventually dandruff.

I hope this was helpful.

|