Q. Please suggest products to improve the skin color of a 3 month old.

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Published on Apr 28, 2018

Please suggest a good soap, lotion, or massage oil to improve the color. She is 3 months old. I already tried using pigeon soap, pigeon lotion, tedibar, Cetaphil lotion, olive oil.

#

As per evidence-based medicine, there is no such product which can improve color. In fact, it is not advisable to use any product which can or have an effect on skin color.

For massage, any oil which suits the baby (coconut oil, olive oil) will do.

The baby regains their original color by the age of 6 months.

Every baby is unique and a genius in themselves. Focus on keeping her healthy. All other aspects are secondary. Happy to serve you.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Is It Safe To Use Iv Glutathione To Get Lighter Skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I had very dark complexion in the past. But after consuming antioxidants like Vitamin C, E, Glutathione and Alpha Lipoic Acid my skin has lightened up about two to three shades. It has been very helpful but I still need to get lighter. Is it safe for me to get IV Glutathione? I have he...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Injectable Glutathione is not FDA approved. Still, it is used by many people to reduce the skin tone by two to three shades. It is a once-a-week injection for four weeks, then once in two weeks for four weeks. If there is no response after three to four sessions the...  Read Full

How to treat my dark upper arms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My upper arms are so dark and I also have some small sand like bums. I noticed this since I was 15 years old. As my skin is quite fair, it looks obvious. Please suggest me some advice.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello,  Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be amyloidosis (protein accumulation as insoluble fibres in tissues). For better clarification send me a few clear photos. Please do not use any puming stone or rub the skin harshly as it may cause such lesions. Use gentle soap and avoid friction. I suggest...  Read Full

Vitamin-D Deficiency and Rickets In Children

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail about the causes, investigations and management of rickets. Read Article

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Paediatrician

Rickets is a disease of growing bone that occurs in children. It occurs due to failure of bone mineralization. It's management is necessary to maintain growth of the child. It requires simple investigations and supplementation of vitamin D and calcium. Causes: It occurs mostly due to vitamin D def...  Read Article