I am an IT assistant. I am facing sleepy days. I am feeling drowsy the whole day and feeling headache. I used to be awake until late at night and sleep late. But nowadays, I am sleeping eight or nine hours a day. I feel sleepy and feel tired after half day. Please help me.
Firstly I need to assure you that the sleep disturbances that you are experiencing are because of not having a routine in your sleep timings. You need to understand that your profession is such that you may have tedious work hours and cause an excessive amount of stress that causes hormonal changes in your body. Not having fixed hours of sleep will, in turn, cause more stress and, therefore, headache. Therefore, I suggest you follow the following steps:
1) Try to sleep for at least eight hours at night and make the timing a fixed one, preferably between 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. The myth of adults needing just six hours of sleep is false, and it would just further increase your stress considering the type of work you do.
2) Stress at work and personal life is inevitable, but you can combat the effect it has on you through yoga, meditation, and listening to soothing and relaxing music after returning from work. Before you go to sleep and soon after you wake up in the morning, keep relaxation music rolling even while you are getting ready or having breakfast.
3) Do not drink too much coffee or tea. Instead, have green tea, often even up to six glasses a day. Cherry juice is great for inducing sleep as it releases the sleep hormone. So try having it one hour before going to sleep.
4) Make exercise part of your life. Go for jogging or walking daily or even do active exercises at home or gym at your convenience. This would increase your blood circulation, keeping you alert during the day, and helps you get tired enough to sleep at night.
5) Do not use any gadgets, including mobile phones or laptops, at least one hour before going to sleep. Have the lights completely off and a slightly cool room temperature that helps induce sleep.
6) Last but not least, try to go out and appreciate nature and stay fresh and positive.
Do not worry. You do not need any medication. You need to follow the above steps, and you will be fine. Stay healthy and positive.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. are related to increased pitta (pitham). Increased pitham is due to late time sleep, less sleep, disturbed sleep, over workload, physical stress, mental stress, constantly thinking about sex, increased sexual activity, excess spicy food, roaming under Read full
.. need to assure you that the sleep disturbances that you are experiencing are because of not having a routine in your sleep timings. You need to understand that your profession is such that you may have tedious work hours and cause an excessive amount o Read full
.. to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food avoid junk food, take good sound sleep at leas Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.