Q. My energy levels are low, and feel sad and cranky. What can I do?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

Lying all day not interested in literally anything, energy levels low, feel tired without any reasons, sad, cranky and not doing any work. This happens in cycles, might work for a day and then shut off for weeks doing nothing productive and feeling stuck. Been quite a long time experiencing this. Sometimes does not even change clothes and bathe for weeks and days. Also got hair chopped off for avoiding combing. No suicidal tendencies but cannot feel things and am upset most of the times. Unmoving. I mean like I do feel normal to good at times but I am largely unproductive and mostly feel that if I am happy for now the next day I am gonna feel down again. I badly want to come out of this and feel normal. I am a 20-years-old female.

#

You seem to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food avoid junk food, take good sound sleep at least 6 to 8 hours, develop some creative hobbies like reading books, play some instrument, painting, writing, etc.

You need to start SSRI group of medication like Sertraline 50 mg daily in morning after breakfast and for sleep disturbance take tablet Clonazepam 0.5 mg daily before bed. Do an investigation to rule out thyroid disorder, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and serum B12 level for vitamin B12 deficiency.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|