Q. My energy levels are low, and feel sad and cranky. What can I do?

Answered by Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Major Depressive Disorder or Easy Tiredness? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: My energy levels are low, and feel sad and cranky.  What can I do?

Lying all day not interested in literally anything, energy levels low, feel tired without any reasons, sad, cranky and not doing any work. This happens in cycles, might work for a day and then shut off for weeks doing nothing productive and feeling stuck. Been quite a long time experiencing this. Sometimes does not even change clothes and bathe for weeks and days. Also got hair chopped off for avoiding combing. No suicidal tendencies but cannot feel things and am upset most of the times. Unmoving. I mean like I do feel normal to good at times but I am largely unproductive and mostly feel that if I am happy for now the next day I am gonna feel down again. I badly want to come out of this and feel normal. I am a 20-years-old female.