Q. MRI says degenerative changes seen. Is any treatment required?

Answered by Dr. Aida Quka and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Degenerative Disc Disease or Back Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My father whose age is 48 years, got a back pain a month ago. So, we consulted a local doctor. He suggested an MRI test. We did that and his report says 'degenerative changes affecting lumbar spine with left para-central disc bulges with posterior annual tear at L4-L5 and L5-S1 levels producing mild compromise of left lateral recesses with mild extradural compression over thecal sac'. I want to ask you if he will be alright in a few days after treatment or anything new he will have to do.