Q. I am having low back pain for the past one month. Why?

Dr. Aida Quka
Published on Jan 07, 2019

I am facing low back pain from the last one month. I have attached my MRI report.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

Your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicates a disc herniation in the lower vertebral column. This could be the cause of your back pain. Coming to this point, I recommend taking Ibuprofen 400 mg three times daily and a muscle relaxant (Flexeril or Tiocolchiside) for 1 to 2 weeks. It is also important having some rest and avoid prolonged standing up or sitting position or weight lifting. A lumbar brace can help. If your situation does not improve or even worsens, consulting with a spinal surgeon may be needed.

Rest, painkillers, muscle relaxants.

Lumbar brace, avoid weight lifting.

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »

Can my back pain be due to the tethered spinal cord?

Query: Hello doctor, It is about nine months since I have had L4 hemilaminectomy, L5 foraminotomy and drilling of bone fracture at L4-L5 level. I had an MRI two months later due to severe pain. The MRI report presented inflammation and edema of the back muscles, inflammation of nerve roots, compressi...  Read Full »