Q. I am having low back pain for the past one month. Why?

Dr. Aida Quka

I am facing low back pain from the last one month. I have attached my MRI report.

#

Your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicates a disc herniation in the lower vertebral column. This could be the cause of your back pain. Coming to this point, I recommend taking Ibuprofen 400 mg three times daily and a muscle relaxant (Flexeril or Tiocolchiside) for 1 to 2 weeks. It is also important having some rest and avoid prolonged standing up or sitting position or weight lifting. A lumbar brace can help. If your situation does not improve or even worsens, consulting with a spinal surgeon may be needed.

Rest, painkillers, muscle relaxants.

Lumbar brace, avoid weight lifting.

|