Q. I have conceived after trying for five years. Should I be on bed rest?

Answered by Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Delayed Conception or Conception & Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I am a 34 year old female in the seventh week of pregnancy. I have conceived five years after we started trying for a baby. My blood, urine, and ultrasound test results are normal. But, my doctor has advised me a complete bed rest till the 12th week. Could you please comment? Is bed rest essential?