Q. How to induce periods safely if you are late and sexually active?

Dr. Shagufta Khizar
and medically reviewed by Dr.Meera Premanand

I am running late for my periods. Kindly prescribe any tablet for the inducing period safely. I am sexually active and do not wish to wait for anymore. Please help.

#

You are overdue for a few days if your cycle is regular. For restoration of periods, I suggest the following:

1) Tablet Gynorit (Ethinyl Estradiol and Norethisterone Acetate) once a day for two days.

Your periods may start in the following few 3 to 5 days. You may have a few but mild side effects like nausea, bloating, breast engorgement, headache. I hope it is helpful.

I hope this will help me as I am worried.

#

There is always a possibility of pregnancy if you are sexually active and have unprotected sexual intercourse in the current cycle. However, chances are quite low if you have had sexual activity in the non-fertility window. It is better to have a pregnancy strip test to get out of worry. Medicine is safe and effective for its use. I hope this helps.

|