Q. My period is late by a day. Why did not I get my periods?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2021

I am a 24 year old female, and my period is late. It has been 28 days, but I normally get my period on the 27th day. Why did not I get my period still? Please help. How can I bring my period?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns. I request you to provide following information:

1. Dates of the last three or four menstrual cycles.
  2. Are you sexually active? If yes, please mention the dates of sexual encounters in the last two months.
  3. Do you suffer from any medical illness, such as anemia or thyroid problem or any other?
  4. Do you have regular menstruation since your menarche or was there any variation?

I look forward to assisting you. Thanks and regards.

Revert with more information to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I do not remember the exact dates, but I have a regular menstrual cycle of 27 days. Yes, I am sexually active, and I had sex before 27th of last month, and 23rd of this month. We had unprotected sex, but he did not ejaculate inside me. No, I do not have any problem. My periods were always regular. This is the first time that it is late. I am also consulting a doctor for skin problems, and I am taking tablet Azee 500.

#

Thanks for the follow-up.

• From the available details, it appears that you had unprotected sexual intercourse, but the sperms were not released in the vagina. The withdrawal method helps to some extent in the prevention of pregnancy, but it is not a foolproof method.
  • Considering this, I request you to do following from a nearby laboratory:
  1. LH (luteinizing hormone).
  2. FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone).
  3. Urine pregnancy test.
  • You can get a urine pregnancy kit from any medical store and put two early morning urine drops.

Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|