Q. Why am I not getting my periods after taking Primolut and I-pill tablets?

Dr. Monica Mathur
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I am a 37-year-old female. I took a Primolut tablet before 11 days for one week to postpone my periods (periods were due before seven days). I took my last Primolut before 11 days. We had unprotected sex before nine days. Because of fear, I took I-pill before six days. I have not got my periods yet. The pregnancy test is negative. I am stressed with this delay in getting my periods. Kindly help.

#

As you have taken I-pill (Levonorgestrel IP) during the same month of Primolut (Norethisterone acetate), it has changed your body's hormonal milieu, so the next period is unexpected. You will get your periods within ten to fifteen days and revert in case of any queries.

Thank you for answering. Can I get pregnant because the intercourse happened just two days before the due date for periods? Do I need to wait or induce my periods with medicine? Please suggest what medicine I can take.

#

As per your information, you had intercourse two days before your due date for periods, and you took I-pill one day after the due date, that is, on the third day after intercourse. As you were already taking Primolut, I do not have much doubt that you may become pregnant. But now, if you get intercourse in the next seven days, the chances of pregnancy are there. You can take any precautionary measure to avoid pregnancy, like using a condom for extra protection. The next due date of your periods is uncertain, and it will come within 10 to 15 days.

Thank you for answering.

I took I-pill 70 hours before unprotected sex. No sex happened before and after that. I am only worried about the hormonal imbalance that caused a delay in my periods. And I am negative for a pregnancy test.

#

No need to worry.

You can expect your periods within 15 days.

Thank you for answering. Would you please suggest some medication to induce my periods? I feel bloated, and I have cramps and white discharge. I want to get them the earliest, kindly help.

#

As you have already taken Primolut N and I pill in the same month, these hormonal preparations change the hormone level of your body. Giving you more medications will further aggravate the situation, and secondly, they will not affect your body. I would suggest you wait at least 15 days for your next menstrual bleeding to occur.

As far as your bloating and white discharge is concerned, this basically indicates that you have a low immunity level. I would suggest you the following:

1. Tablet Flucon (Fluconazole) 150 mg on alternate days for three days.

2. Candid (Clotrimazole) cream locally every night for seven days.

Thank you for answering.

I can wait. I am only depressed with this delay, and that affects me badly. I have mood swings and am stressed all the time. I hope I will get them as soon as possible.

#

I would suggest you to have plenty of fruits and and salads. Regards.

|