Q. While using contraceptive pill, will I remain protected during pill free days?

Answered by Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Combined Oral Contraceptive Pill or Contraceptive Pill? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am starting a pack of pill two weeks after my periods. After completing the pack will contraception start? Do I need to take the 7 pill free days after the first pack? Will remain protected during those seven days?