Q. Can my wife take Primolut to delay period?

Dr. Meeta Airen
Published on Dec 25, 2016

My wife wants to delay her period for one week. What to do?

Dr. Meeta Airen

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• For guiding you, I want to know the details of your wife's period date.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

It is around 23 to 25 of this month. Can we take Primolut as told by our doctor? Is it the correct time to take?

Dr. Meeta Airen

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yes, as per your doctor's advice you can start the tablet Primolut N 5 mg (Norethisterone) twice a day from today till you want to extend period delay and then stop.
  • Actually, you are a little late in starting tablet, but still you can try to delay.

Actually, she needs to go through an ear surgery. We got the schedule confirmation yesterday evening. We do not want to delay the surgery. Please advice.

Dr. Meeta Airen

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• If you want to delay period for surgery, then you should ask your surgeon.
  • Because in my opinion, you should not take these pills for surgery as these are hormonal pills.

After taking I-pill, my withdrawal bleed has not started fully. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, After having I-pill, I had spotting like periods. Then I started having Sysron-N for five days and I completed the course six days back. But, my period has not started yet. Is it normal?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, after taking Sysron-N (Norethisterone) for five days, one should wait at least 7-10 days for the bleeding to start properly. As you have taken I-pill, there are chances to get delayed periods. Hence, you need to wait for at least a week to allow you...  Read Full

Will Primolut-N taken during periods affect my cycle in any way?

Query: Hi doctor,I took one Primolut N 5 mg this morning to delay my periods and then immediately realized that my periods have already started. What should I do now?  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can stop Primolut N (Norethisterone) and nothing else is needed. For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist  Read Full

Can I take Primolut N 5 mg along with a regular contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking tablet Primolut N 5 mg three times a day for bleeding. I am using it for a short-term period. Once my bleeding stops, I will stop using it. Can I take Primolut N 5 mg along with my regular oral contraceptive pill?  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Primolut N 5 mg (Norethisterone) is a hormonal medication used to delay periods and after stopping it, it can cause withdrawal bleeding within one to two weeks and can cause unscheduled bleeding or irregular periods or spotting. When you are taking oral contraceptives p...  Read Full